Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it recommended to mix the coolant with distilled water even when topping off the overflow reservoir? I topped off my reservoir last night after checking the oil, adding windshield washer fluid and routine checking.

So far, my intercooler hood scoop sucked up one leaf, that was it, no birds, UFOs, small children, yet.

Jay

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
Jay H said:
I
So far, my intercooler hood scoop sucked up one leaf, that was it, no birds, UFOs, small children, yet.

Jay
Didn't find an OBS or two in there? :)

No sure about the coolant. I'm guessing that very small quantity of distilled water would be OK, but if it's more then a few ounces, I would add Prestone instead.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far, it has only gotten to +4 here as a low in NJ... Not living in the Hudson Bay area in Canada or anyplace like that..!

:)

Jay

·
Registered
36 Posts
The second function of engine coolant is anti corrosion for coolant passages and head gasket, diluting the stuff may cause corrosion products to coat the walls and decrease the cooling efficiency in later life. Just a thought.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
keystone
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing