Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
00 OBW, 01 Legacy
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Legacy's auto transmission's pnr selector light bulb went out. I know from my old impreza that the bulb # is 74. Same size socket. It also fits the ash tray, glove box and cigarette light illumination ring. Bought some Sylvania bulbs at autozone and they would not fit. The base was a bit to wide. All four of them. So I returned them and went to the dealer. They sold me a #74 and it fits fine. Went to a different auto parts store and bought some eiko brand and they fit fine as well. Never had a problem with sylvania until now. Must have been a quality control issue but still a frustrating waste of my time. Anyone else have a problem like this?

·
Registered
00 OBW, 01 Legacy
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes. That one fits too. #74, 2721, and 2723 are all the same size I think but different wattage. The dealer gave me a 74 but any of these would work. I have used 74 in the past with no issues. Thats what was in my impreza. Just thought it was funny sylvania didn't work. Infact I broke one of the bulbs trying to insert it. This one was hard to find in the auto bulb guides.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts