like a truck driver ? or find the best spot all the way
down then raise the seat UP and back ?

I find lumbar support weird since it does not suppose my lower
back but starts off supporting midback instead, or maybe
its because of my seating position. :confused:

·
Registered
921 Posts
I had a little pain when I first got my Outback. What helped me was to decrease the angle of the seat cushion. I have it all the way down now so that the seat bottom is in its flattest position. I have the lumbar all the way retracted. I don't like the the way it feels if it's pushing against my back. I'm not sure of what the guidelines are for height adjustment...

Don't forget that in addition to the seat cushion angle and lumbar adjustment, you also have a steering wheel that can telescope toward/away from you (plus tilt)

A few helpful links:
Proper Driver Seat Position | eHow.com

How to Adjust Seating to the Proper Position While Driving

How do I get the right seat position in my new car? - The Globe and Mail

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've been finding my 2012 Outback to be very comfortable, even on long drives.

I do find that, on longer trips where I'm in the car for more than an hour or so, I tend to make small changes to my seating position periodically - mostly adjusting the tilt of the seat-back and the lumbar support, but also sometimes changing the tilt of the seat-pan. Seems to help me keep from getting stiff and sore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Like you when I first got my OB 2013 I could not find a comfortable driving position. I have a 96 mile round trip commute and half way through I'd start getting a sore left leg.

In the end lowering my seat bottom and making the back more up right has solved that issue and now I can drive all day comfortably. You'll need to play around with the settings a bit. Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I found I needed to adjust the seat higher and closer to the steering wheel for optimal comfort. Like others, the seat back is fully upright and I did make some adjustment to the steering wheel position.

Also, small changes to mirror position can reduce strain as well. I adjust my driver's side a little farther out than my previous Outback. This is because the mirrors seem smaller and with them a little more outfacing I don't have to keep bending my head around to see cars that are right next to me (that were in the blind spot before). I suppose those little round, stick-on blind spot mirrors would also do the trick.

·
Registered
604 Posts
My seat position is the same for each car I drive and I drive 4 different cars. That consistent seat position is something that allows me to drive long distances well over 12 hours without an issue but being tired from a long day...

·
Registered
54 Posts
My 2013 took a little getting used to as we'll...

Try seat back up almost straight, and have the bottom cushion set to where the back is down, and the front is up giving the most under-thigh support. Set lumbar to a little under half out (which of course depends on your back I suppose).

Seems to be the best combo so far, but I'm a seat changer, and will mix things up a little every couple of months. Seems to help. Otherwise the seats are great, awesome butt warmers, and back seats are nice too.

Everyone seems to have great suggestions

·
Registered
166 Posts
For a drive of more than a few hours, I find that I'm mixing up the seat positions in our car (see sig). That's the beauty of these multi-way power seats, very easy to do.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update : I do not know exactly why but my upper leg hurts
somewhat, and I was sitting all the way down with seat at 10% reclined.

I've been watching a bunch of correct seating position videos on youtube now-a-days,
is there a video out there for the 2013 Outback owner ?
I am conflicted since I am not sure if I want to sit HIGH UP like I would in a SUV or
DOWN LOW like I did in my vw hatch.

If I sit all the way UP I relieve some of the pain that goes to my upper thigh/leg,
I know I am higher up in the Outback so its only logical to sit higher to look down
into traffic ahead ?

If I sit down low and seat back UP ... I feel like I am being crunched together
and I guess siting like that is what hurt my leg _ - _

1 - 9 of 9 Posts