Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i really want to do a 1.25 in lift with spacers, is this to high for an 01 outback or should i just leave it alone? also does any one know where to get the spacers?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have an 01 as well and am thinking I am going to order a set of 1'' spacers from Subtle Solutions. From what I understand, install is pretty easy and straightforward. Not too sure if you need an alignment afterwards though. Some say yes and some say no. Check their site at Subtle Solutions

·
Registered
246 Posts
I've done hours of reading, and the one inch subtle solultion spacer (Mentioned before) seems to be the way to go. Most with a one inch do not need an alignment, but I assume any higher would be an automatic yes.

·
Registered
12,304 Posts
Most subaru's are easily lifted in this fashion up to 2" without any issues.

You may go through more CV boots now that they're at a steeper angle.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If you are looking for just a bit of a lift I would recommend using the 05 baja turbo springs. it will give a little over an inch lift and you are still using all factory parts. just my 2cents

·
Registered
57 Posts
Before you pay for them there was a thread about someone who used High Density Plastic like from a hobby shop to make their own blocks, it cost them right next to nothing and they are very sturdy by all accounts.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Before you pay for them there was a thread about someone who used High Density Plastic like from a hobby shop to make their own blocks, it cost them right next to nothing and they are very sturdy by all accounts.
i would most deff have mine made....i just cant find blue prints and measurments for the rear

·
Registered
57 Posts
i would most deff have mine made....i just cant find blue prints and measurments for the rear
Maybe I'm out of my mind but I am going to pull the wheels off, measure up the holes and drill them out. I figure if you can make a template of the holes, just apply it to the HDPE

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe I'm out of my mind but I am going to pull the wheels off, measure up the holes and drill them out. I figure if you can make a template of the holes, just apply it to the HDPE
i would pull mine out to see....but i live in an apartment and have no tools, if you could take some measurements and post them that would be great!!!

·
Registered
300 Posts
i would pull mine out to see....but i live in an apartment and have no tools, if you could take some measurements and post them that would be great!!!
im making my own spacers again... this is the 3rd subaru ive made spacers for.... im using the same material that the online places use, high density polyethylene or hdp... i have the templates done and im actually in the garage cutting them right now

PM me and lets talk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
njdrsubaru
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing