Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to get either Katzkin Leather seat covers or Coverking. I have a 2002 LL bean with leather seats.

Regarding Coverking I have several questions

1) How is the fit and finish
2) When they are installed and you turn to get out of the car do they travel with you or stay in place.
3) What is their expected life span?

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've seen pictures of Katzkin leather that were actual installs, and they looked good. They're very pricey, but very nice. They should fit the same as the OEM covers - no movement.

One thing to make sure of before you order: make sure they're side airbag compatible. I'm sure Katzkin covers are, but I'm not sure about Coverking.

Here's a Saturn Vue with Katzkin
New Katzkin seats - SaturnFans Forums

Custom shop did these in a Vue:
Upgrading Seat fab - SaturnFans Forums

Here's Katzkin in a Vue:
New Interior Mods - SaturnFans Forums

I'm sure there are more floating around that site, but these are a few I found pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
11,882 Posts
Seat covers of any brand will shift.

Leather life depends on how it's treated.

If you intend on keeping the car a long time, it may be better to just find a good leather shop and have one seat repaired at a time. It's actually not very expensive to do a leather seat. Just shop around.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Seat covers of any brand will shift.

Leather life depends on how it's treated.

If you intend on keeping the car a long time, it may be better to just find a good leather shop and have one seat repaired at a time. It's actually not very expensive to do a leather seat. Just shop around.
I believe Coverking covers are just that, covers. Katzkin covers are replacements for the existing material, made to OEM specifications, and include the padding and any velcro where needed. The existing material needs removed before installing Katzkin covers. Therefore, shifting/movement wouldn't/shouldn't be any different than the OEM seat material.

·
Registered
557 Posts
i had coverking covers in my 05 forester and have them in the wife's 2k 4runner.

they fit great... tight and for the forester had cut outs for the side airbags.

i bought the coverkings from costco.

they are not as thick as the wet okole set covers.

if your interior bits are warn and need a refresh the coverkings will do that.

longivity wise, they are showing their age in the 4runner.

would i buy them again, yes.

joel

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
JAvendan
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing