Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK so we got a Craigslist Funnies thread,

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/61-general-discussions/110474-craigslist-funnies.html

How about a Craigslist / EBay etc Cool and Interesting Thread.?

Here is a Spec B Legacy GT 2008, near Chiberia. (maybe AWDFTW should be over testing it, and posting a detailed report,...and tell the world how many miles are on it?).

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/cto/4741500067.html

found on this Fastest Subaru list, as the Fastest accelerating production subaru without being a impreza.

Subaru?s 15 Fastest Cars of All Time

2008 Subaru Legacy GT Spec.B 6 Speed STI MT Loaded Navi Turbo - $20900 (Deerfield)

I'm selling my extremely rare and desirable 2008 Legacy Spec B. These cars are ridiculously hard to find. Only 500 were produced in 2006, supposedly 432 in 2007 and no one knows the numbers for sure in the newer model years.
For those that don't know, the Spec B is an upgraded legacy GT limited (2.5 liter turbo) which includes STi goodies. Take a Legacy GT in limited trim and add:

Navigation
XM Radio
6 disc Mp3 changer
18" premium alloy wheels
6 speed manual Sti Transmission
Aluminum control arms
Bilstein shocks all around
Leather seats w/black alcantara inserts
Height-adjustable 8-way power driver seat w/adjustable lumbar support & Driver seat memory
Vehical Dynamics Control (VDC)
Torsion limited slip rear differential

The car has 47K miles and is in very good condition. The interior is pretty much in awesome shape too.

My Spec B does have the full winter package from Subaru. Heated seats, heated windshield wipers, and heated mirrors.

The only trades I'd be interested in would be WRX STI, Mercedes GL 350 or ML 350

Thanks, Al
224 6zero3 2002

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
2003 Outback Limited 2.5L H4 5MT Regatta Red Pearl w/ lift and audio system
1,256 Posts
Find me a CL ad for a 2015 WRX 50% off Black Friday/Cyber Weekend sale!!! Thank you, I look forward to your response.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Find me a CL ad for a 2015 WRX 50% off Black Friday/Cyber Weekend sale!!! Thank you, I look forward to your response.
How about a BRZ with a (80%) $20,000 upgrade?

Edit: and it has a name "Sally the Subaru"
http://sallysubarubrz.blogspot.com/
http://www.av-engineered.com/projects/zackary-gs-2014-subaru-brz/

https://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/4732205845.html

2014 500hp turbo subaru brz - $45000 (us 17)

2014 subaru brz odometer: 3500 paint color : grey size : compact type : coupe drive : rwd fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : lien cylinders : 4 cylinders

I have a fully built subaru brz limited. with 500 hp. and 450
full blown brz stage 1 turbo kit with gt3076r turbo (60mm)
FBM 3" down pipe
FBM intake pipe
FBM dump tube
per in overpipe
precision turbo 39mm waste gate
tial 50mm blow off valve
FBM 270GPH fuel pump
1000cc injectors
FBM 3" dual
550hp intercooler with cast tanks
built brz FA20 short block assembly
FBM custom 1000hp connecting rods
arias heavy duty pistons with upgraded wrist pins and rings
FBM radiator
FBM aluminum fan shroud (12" puller fans)
ACT XT/race sprung 6 pad clutch
looking for 45k best to text me no calls two six 7 48 one 2728

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
89 GL-10 Wagon

https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/4794911432.html

looks really intact and complete,...keys, and books too.
EA82T (1791cc making 115hp?),...on some members sh;t list of the worst subaru engines.

1989 Subaru GL-10 turbo - $2200 (Burien Wa)

condition: good

1989 subaru GL-10 odometer: 208672 VIN: JF2AN53B0KH422260 paint color : red size : compact type : wagon drive : 4wd fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean cylinders : 4 cylinders

The time has come to sell my Subaru '89 GL-10 turbo. just acquired another project and my other daily is back on the road so I need to sell this one.

It was very well maintained and taken care of by the previous owners, I have extensive records from oil changes, tune ups to cylinder head replacement. The car itself is really straight for its age.
Its has a 4 speed automatic with full time awd. Does very well on mileage. I am seeing 300 miles on the highway and anywhere between 230-250 city. I'm running 92 octane in the car always.

it's clean, runs, drives, stops and everything seems to work...even the a/c blows cold and it has not been retrofitted to 134a. Fluids are all clean.
I just replaced all timing covers from Subaru, timing belts, idlers, camshaft seals, crankshaft seal, and resealed the oil pump.
new spark plugs,fuel filter, coolant and thermostat.
Has brand new Fuzion touring 14" tires on peugeot 505 aluminum wheels. very nice quiet tire.
No sign of burning oil, the turbo spools like it should, plenty of power for what it is. no major leaks except for the power steering pump that needs a reseal.

It does need a few things, it is 26 years old:
Strut mounts make noise and causes a shimmy at freeway speeds, I am positive they are original.
The right rear window does not work, the previous owner took the switch off the door panel. I have not diagnosed why it doesn't work.
Windshield is cracked.
sometimes there is a small tick at start up, like a lifter without oil. it goes away after a minute or two and then the engine is silent.
The power steering pump leaks, i have not had to top it off yet. I have a rebuild kit from subaru for it.

·
Registered
2003 Outback Limited 2.5L H4 5MT Regatta Red Pearl w/ lift and audio system
1,256 Posts
Now THERE is a car I could afford...If I needed a daily I'd pick that up in a heartbeat. That is, if I lived anywhere near Washington. Lol.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^
^
Ah, it has Pugs too.
bheinen, please define Pugs,...(to me it means a tiny version of a bull dog),

and lit up on the dash what does "power" and "1Hold" mean?

It is a Automatic, so I guess it does not have the "hill holder"?

and did it light up the fronts and rear wheels on the display to show what was getting power? (My family had a 86 DL wagon, 5 speed manual, and it had a single button for 4 high on top of the stick, and when you pushed that button you would hear the vacuum pump suck the rear on and then hear the drive shaft turning,...loud) Edit: I see it has the front door open light on, and on a stick shift it may have had a "shift up" light.

Maybe there is a website somewhere with all this stuff on it.

·
Registered
85BRAT97SVX03Baja5mtHonda's
2,166 Posts
"Pugs" equal Puegeot wheels, the ONLY other wheel that has that bolt pattern ever.
No other car or turck or anything besides the Subaru 4 lug and Peugeot were the same….4x140mm
Subaru ONLY made 13" wheels for the 4 lugs (justy is 4 lug but yet another thread, not same as the EA era stuff)

So, if someone wants a more common tire, or offroad tread (nothing made in 13") then they have to either get Pugs, which were made in 14" or 15", or else out of luck. The only other options is to redrill 6 lig wheels to fit the Subie 4 lug, or redrill the Subie hubs to a 6 lug……..

If you have an old BRAT or GL and want offroad tread, you buy Pugs or make something work if you want something other than the 5 flavors of 13" tires. Heck they don't even make stock size 185/70/13 or the 175/80/13 anymore. dying breeds.

The site for all things subie 4lug 4x140 is -------->http://www.indysworld.com/80s/general/wheels/wheels.html
on this site, it shows a Subaru Rally 14", yes they made it, it was optional, and there are only about 4 known sets in the world….of that style, and they had a "Jackman" which most were 13", although there are a rumour Subaru made 5-8 lifted BRATS that were fitted with them
*EA means engine series they were EA61, EA81, EA82, EA81T, EA82T, whereas after that era they termed EJ series...

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What would have RWD like BRZ but powered by a LSX crate engine the smallest being the 6.2 with
450hp, 444 torque. (wedged in there)

as per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GM_small-block_engine

https://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/4847095294.html

LSX swapped WRX!!?? WRX SS - $11000 (Marietta)
2003 Subaru WRX odometer: 187 drive : rwd fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean cylinders : 8 cylinders

This is my pride and joy.
If you are not 100% serious and interested, avoid contacting me like the Black Plague.
If you cannot complete your sentences and ask stupid questions, avoid contact.
Now on to the sale add.

This is my Canary Yellow WRX converted to RWD and swapped with an LSX. Yes, it is a 6 speed manual car with a t56.

Pretty much everything is brand new. Car runs and drives like stock, but with a lot more torque.

More details will be given to completely serious buyers.

I may entertain trades for something else RWD and Japanese. I will entertain trades + cash.

I'm an old school guy, but also pretty open to anything that isn't a civic.

601-620-7840

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
why does it look like @lockmedic has one in the stable ready to go,...but did not list it here first? (I found it searching national craigslist for H6 cars)

well, not in the classifieds here yet:
Classifieds - Subaru Outback - Subaru Outback Forums

I see no less then 4 subarus in the picture, one on a jack stand,
and one turbo baja missing its front bumper (bewildering is that the scruffy "bumper dumper" has been left out of camera range,...maybe he has found a spec that the front end can hold more tongue weight then the rear so he is crafting a special front mounted hitch for the "pride of the fleet" with the portable toilet seat)

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/4871922936.html

2001 Subaru Outback LL Bean - $4000 (Lenoir city)

2001 Subaru Outback odometer: 173000 VIN: 4S3BH806517660354 paint color : red size : mid-size type : wagon drive : 4wd fuel : gas transmission : automatic title status : clean cylinders : 6 cylinders

I fix up unloved Subarus. This is the latest that's ready.

2001 Outback LL Bean Edition
3.0 H6, auto trans
173k miles on body/trans, 130k on 2004 MY engine
AWD. But you probably knew that.

Usual amenities, such as PW, PDL, tilt, cruise, heated power mirrors, heated leather seats, wiper de-icer, AM/FM/CD/Cassette with weatherband, dual sunroofs.

Clean interior, exterior has some battle scars but no rust.

Bought this locally here in Knox with a bad motor. Dropped in a newer, lower miles motor and went through it (new spark plugs, valve cover gaskets, oil cooler gasket, new t-stat, pretty much everything you might have to do to an H6. These are timing chain motors so there's no timing belt to break. Timing chain is designed to last the life of the motor. They also don't have the bad reputation to blow headgaskets that the 4 cyl. motors do.

Front struts have been replaced by a previous owner (Monroe brand, not my fave but I didn't buy them), haven't looked at the rear but it feels pretty tight so probably those too. I put a set of front brake pads and rotors on it.

Tires are passable, but plan on needing new ones in 10-15k miles. Check engine light comes on sometimes, code is P0171, bank 1 lean. My guess is a pair of O2 sensors would fix that. They're very easy to change (don't even need a jack), so I'll put them in if you want to buy them. Check Amazon, I'd recommend Bosch or Denso brand.

Not the prettiest Outback you'll find, but odds are you're shopping for something that'll always get you there and back. It's priced accordingly.

I'll save you the trouble of negotiating. . . I'll take $3500. If you wanna do the dance you can offer $3k, I'll scoff and come back with $3700, you'll point out something you don't like about the car and offer $3300, and I'll say "meet you halfway" and we'll both be happy. . . or you can just show up with $3500 and we're good.

Not interested in trades or sob stories. Don't need help selling. Scammers I will see you coming all the way from Nigeria.

But he does not list the most important part (the Cusack part):

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
lol only you EE. . .

Didn't figure anyone on here would want my beat up merlot Bean, is why. . .and it sold within about 3 days.

Sadly it does not take you inside John Malkovich. . . it'll only be used for ferrying a college prof back and forth to work in KY.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I figured someone here would find this both cool / and intersting. Its on the east side of the hudson, by the CT boarder. ...along where they filmed the highway scenes for Super Troopers on the Taconic Parkway.

A JDM 2.0 Turbo in a 2000 outback project looking to be completed. Don't know what psychodelic crap wrap is on the interior trim bits,...(must have run out of carbon fiber used on the roof).

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/4933482668.html

·
Registered
01 OB, 02 OBS & 08 FXT
415 Posts
I figured someone here would find this both cool / and intersting. Its on the east side of the hudson, by the CT boarder. ...along where they filmed the highway scenes for Super Troopers on the Taconic Parkway.

A JDM 2.0 Turbo in a 2000 outback project looking to be completed. Don't know what psychodelic crap wrap is on the interior trim bits,...(must have run out of carbon fiber used on the roof).

https://hudsonvalley.craigslist.org/cto/4933482668.html

Actually not as much of a nightmare as a lot of unfinished craigslist projects are usually.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually not as much of a nightmare as a lot of unfinished craigslist projects are usually.
and you can gauge wether you want to paint a Gen2 outback in World Rally Blue.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
knoxville brat buggy?

I wonder what they got there exactly,...engine, 5 speed trans, axles, suspension or lack thereof in the rear.

@lockmedic will probably go and hunt it down.

tubular top frame looks good,... has no tow hitch, but it appears to used as a winch for trees,...
...and as it has a winch does it still have 4wd, or did that go to running the winch?

needs a mosquito net over it,...and a some head rests,...

I think it is a whole lot more useful then a typical UTV,....with its wimpy CVT trans.

https://knoxville.craigslist.org/cto/5036575033.html

1981 Subaru Brat Buggy

1982 Subaru brat fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean

4 cylinder 5 speed 4x4. Street legal. Needs a little work but runs very well. New tires and battery. $2500 OBO. May do some trading.
Call or text see ad.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
25,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
rusty 1993 wagon: $600

here is a turbo (well I :frown2: thought it was a turbo up until a minute ago) wagon for $600, last month it was $700...not listed as a turbo,...but it has a turbo engine pic and a 140mph speedo. (some kind of subaru rims in black, and some ugly pontiac alloys,)
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/5058070117.html

the value is in the drive train being intact, and how many quality mods did to it,...from what I have read here and there, it is highly modifiable past its stock
160hp @ 5600 rpm 181torque @ 2800 rpm.

= you can import from the dry south something rust free to stick all the good stuff in.

1 - 20 of 199 Posts