Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No problems with starting before this. Winter 2020 February turned key, got nothing. Jumpstart was no help. Bump worked but sometimes it would key start for return trip home sometimes not. Cannot always park on hill. Finally got diagnostic:Error code p0335. Replaced with crankshaft position sensor subaru part. No start with key but bump start worked however when I turned key off it wouldn't key start or bump. Sounded like it was trying to run, but boggy. Pushing in clutch car died. Tow back home. Put old sensor back in. & it will bump start now. Tested new sensor with ohms meter result 2.0 which is good I'm told. Not sure why new sensor not working. Checked connections all are good. Any ideas why new crankshaft position sensor doesn't work but old one does work a bit better? ie bump starts.

Made sure I had correct location before replacing to make sure I wasn't replacing incorrect sensor. Both new & old sensor are identical.

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,624 Posts
when was the timing belt system last serviced? When the car runs, does it run normally? Any chance of rodent damage?

cars nowadays are as much computer as mechanical and anything like rodent-chewed wires to corroded ground connections might cause a 'glitch' to occur. I 'feel' you may have some underlying issue with the electronics and the code you got was more like a warning of more general electronic issues.

I certainly don't KNOW that's the problem....but you might start with refreshing the ground connections every where you find them; shock towers, pitch stop mount, intake manifolds, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts