Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
08 Subaru Outback 5-speed MT 125k miles
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 Outback, 130k miles.

I am hearing a creaking sound when the weight of the car shifts during acceleration or breaking. It sounds like a wooden floor creaking.

See the video here (and ignore my keys jangling). The sound is very clear. https://www.dropbox.com/s/q71ckfvasw4fw09/car_noise.MOV?dl=0

-Appears to happen when the weight of the car shifts front-to-back or back-to-front. Especially apparent when starting on an uphill.
-Turning does not affect the noise, and I do not hear it when going over speed bumps.
-The noise is MUCH louder when the car (the car, not the engine) is cold. If I park all day in the sun, the noise is dramatically reduced.
-The noise sounds as if it is coming from the passenger-side dash board. Hard to hear it from the outside of the car (over the engine noise).

Any help? My mechanics want to charge me for a diagnosis. Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,307 Posts
@traildogck might suggest what is the easiest things to make such noise on 2005-2009 cars.

I could not hear it in the video.... (when it asked me to sign up, I clicked "no thanks" at the bottom and then it played).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts