Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I need to use a crush washer with a Fumoto valve?
It comes with a soft washer but I'm not sure this is sufficient for our subies

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
it shd work fine. just fill threads on valve with high temp grease first (helps stop oil seepage past threads), and watch for drippage.

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I do use a crush washer with the valve, will that help keep it from leaking or will that cause it to have an improper seal and then consequently leak?

I already have the valve and crush ring.

Thank you for the replies

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks John for responding so fast -- I plan to do this today.

I'll load the treads with high temp grease and just screw it in.

I only need to be told once and then I'm good. I would never be asking about something as simple as this if it were my Toyota. I just play favourites with my Subie and want only the best for it so that I can keep it around for a long time.

Thanks a million

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you remember how much you cut off?

·
Lord of ScoobyMods, ,
1,211 Posts
I've installed a few drain valves. Sometimes I used just the crush washer, sometimes just the blue fiber one that came with it and sometimes both. I had to vary due to me wanting the lever to be pointing in a direction that made it so I didn't get burnt opening it up. In all cases I haven't had a leak.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=169

·
Submod , ,
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Peaty, you ARE the Lord of Scooby Mods!

Thank you.

I just got back from having a few threads cut off so it will be closer to flush to the bottom of the inside of the oil pan.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
Subhuman
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing