Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Onyx XT
8 Posts
I was thinking about doing the same. Curious what the challenges were for you specifically? Did you use a heat gun and/or squeegee to aid in the install?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Crux has a good YouTube on applying the chrome delete. If you really listen you’ll get some good tips and advice for how to apply them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I watched the install video on youtube at least 3 times. I used a squeegee and a heatgun on the install. My problem was that I had to do it outside and it was pretty hot today. The material was almost too stretchy. Plus the parts I did the worst on were the first ones. I definitely got better as I went along.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having 2 sets helped me lay it down perfectly. More money to plank down but well worth it for the better outcome. Just make sure you don't stretch the vinyl when applying.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Limited XT
25 Posts
I installed my window chrome delete vinyl from Crux Motorsports today. I'd say I did a 10ft quality job. It looks good from about 10 ft away. Its not the fault of the kit, just my inexperience. I'll have to see if he will sell me a few replacement pieces.
I sent an email to them when I messed up one of my pieces and they sent me a replacement in under a week.

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
139 Posts
I’m looking forward to my chrome delete install Friday. Considered the Crux kit(s) for DIY but with the sport front grille and OEM visors I felt leaving it in a experts hands would be better.

@Berkshire Subie your OB definitely looks good with the chrome delete. 😉

·
Registered
2020 OB Limited XT
139 Posts
@mcotton Are you getting this done at the dealership?
@ZAM No using a local shop that was recommended for full body wraps/black out and isn’t breaking the bank. Most dealerships don’t offer tint, black out, etc and have local vendors they use.

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,641 Posts
This talk reminded me of this.

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,564 Posts
@mcotton Are you getting this done at the dealership?
@ZAM No using a local shop that was recommended for full body wraps/black out and isn’t breaking the bank. Most dealerships don’t offer tint, black out, etc and have local vendors they use.
I got a quote of $350 to install vinyl over chrome trim around windows. They said they will have to see if the mirrors need to be removed in which case it would cost more.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It looks good! I recently purchased my kit from Crux, but I don’t know if I should try installing it on my own...

·
Registered
2020 Onyx / ICM
24 Posts
I tried installing their tail light tints and failed twice. I don't even know how I would go about doing the entire chrome trim.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts