Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys looking to get a group together for some fun in the mud. Don't have to be CT but some where in New England. Or if anyone knows of some good spots to go trailing. Yeah we know the limits so no rock crawling. A rutted forest road/trail is cool. I know a couple of spots in North Stonington. Those were for locked 4x4s. I was big into the Rover wheeling community. Please post. Always willing to travel. Just want to do some soft roading in the XT.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
I can tell you a whole bunch of places in the Berkshires (mostly central and northern), but I don't know CT too well.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Berkshires is in Mass or New York? Ill go kill a Sunday and take a ride
Massachusetts. Most of what I'd know is between Savoy and Becket. Sort of east of Pittsfield. Quite a few neat old logging roads and whatnot. Some are a little challenging for an Outback, but others are just right.

·
Registered
2,893 Posts
Here's a few:

These two state forests have lots of discontinued roads. Almost all of them are Outbackable: Savoy Mountain State Forest
Windsor State Forest

This one is especially good. Potential for quite a bit of mud: October Mountain State Forest

Greylock has a little bit for roads that you can take an Outback down, but really not a whole lot.

This is very good too. I don't have good directions since it's not well known, but follow the road up to the top of Garnet Hill. It's an old CCC trail and it's quite rocky. My 2004 Outback had just barely enough clearance to make it up in stock form. I'm sure my 2008 would do it fine since it's slightly higher. I'd advise tougher tires for this one, though. I see potential for destroying a typical all season up here: http://docs.unh.edu/MA/peru48se.jpg

Reactions: zirgs
1 - 7 of 7 Posts