Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Subaru Outback XT
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, how does one keep cans, bottles, and cups from moving all around in the center console cup holders? My 2014 had a spring loaded insert in the cup holders which prevented them from moving around. Whats the solution for the 2017's? I searched the forum but could not find this mentioned.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,243 Posts
Double sided carpet tape.

Laughing at Oneself and with Others is Good for the Soul

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
Hello, how does one keep cans, bottles, and cups from moving all around in the center console cup holders? My 2014 had a spring loaded insert in the cup holders which prevented them from moving around. Whats the solution for the 2017's? I searched the forum but could not find this mentioned.
A wonderful OB owner created a 3D model ready to 3D print and posted it at thingiverse.com to handle the problem you mentioned.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2394144/

Works great.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring / 2019 Tesla M3
626 Posts
A wonderful OB owner created a 3D model ready to 3D print and posted it at thingiverse.com to handle the problem you mentioned.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2394144/

Works great.
Thank the lord!

The one super disappointment from the 2013 3.6R was that cup holders being redesigned help spill hot liquids all over the center of the car!

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,438 Posts
We have a cup holder insert that came with our 2016. When we picked up the 2018 and saw it didn't come one, my wife grabbed the insert before we traded the 2016. You can get one from your dealer. 92185AL00A - Stopper-bottle. Interior, front, cover, console, box - Genuine Subaru Part

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 2017 did not come with the "stopper Bottle" so we bought one. It does not work well. Only works with cans and pulls out with the can. Not very usable for us.

Reactions: roncron

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,438 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited, Twilight Blue
57 Posts
My 2017 did not come with the "stopper Bottle" so we bought one. It does not work well. Only works with cans and pulls out with the can. Not very usable for us.
Yeah, it sticks to almost every bottle or can we put in it. I have pulled it out of the recycle bin more than a couple of times still attached to a bottle, and have found it on the ground beside the car. It's a wonder we still have it.

Still, the best solution I have seen so far, barring buying a 3D printer. :smile2:

·
Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
407 Posts
Yeah, it sticks to almost every bottle or can we put in it. I have pulled it out of the recycle bin more than a couple of times still attached to a bottle, and have found it on the ground beside the car. It's a wonder we still have it.

Still, the best solution I have seen so far, barring buying a 3D printer. :smile2:
I do not have direct access to a 3D printer. I used the "print this thing" option on thingiverse.com and had someone print it for me, then ship it.
You can have it printed locally and go pick it up as well.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited w/ Eyesight, Twilight Blue, Dark Interior
41 Posts
Anyone printing these things and selling them?
I have a 3d printer and live in Portland, OR. I'd happily print some.

I don't mind shipping them, but the cost may be prohibitive.

$3 to print the sleeve + shipping.

I'm guessing shipping will be around $5.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,548 Posts
You can have it printed locally and go pick it up as well.
FWIW, many public libraries now have basic 3D printers available for use by patrons.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just cut a piece of thick black foam about 3/8" thick and put it in the cupholder. Works great so far. I just put my cup or bottle next to it and it fits snugly.

·
Registered
407 Posts
FWIW, many public libraries now have basic 3D printers available for use by patrons.
THANK YOU! My local library quoted the job at $0.20/g. That seems fair, but I have no idea how many grams these things will be when printed.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium Tungsten/Black
86 Posts
Down here we have a spring loaded insert which separates the 2 holders. Works quite good and can be pulled out for cleaning

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts