I just bought a new bike since I moved, but the thule bike tray I had didn't fit on the stock crossbars. Obviously I had no intention of purchasing a new tray/rack as that would cut into my bike budget. I found a pair of used thule crossbars for sale on craigslist, $30 for the pair. With some teardown of the stock crossbars I realized I could attach the thule crossbars and still use the stock mounting hardware. I can writeup a quick how to if anyone is interested. Basically it just involved measuring, drilling and re-attaching. All together I spent $60 for the bars, nuts, bolts and washers. It isn't pretty, but it does the job. Only took about 4 hours of work to complete once I had all the pieces. Hoping to find someway to add to the cosmetic aspect, but for now it works and feels solid.