Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Limited Outback fully loaded
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I literally have over 65 man hours into these things... BUT it was the perfect break from work, these past 4 weekends. Hope you like! They are insane IMO in person!!!!

I also upgraded to hids. I'll post installed pics later, here are a few housing pics from when I had them apart. Also my 2013 custom grille....

Attachments

·
Registered
2002 Outback Wagon
311 Posts
Those light are sweet! But I really like the grille too! Makes me wish I had a 2013 OB even more. Post pics when you put them on can't wait to see those.

·
Registered
12' Outback 2.5i premium
36 Posts
not sure i like the sti badging but, otherwise looks good, i like the cf parts on the headlights

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
In for installed pictures, grill and lights.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys! I'll post pics asap.

The STI badge is because I am actually saving up to do a motor/trans swap to the GT turbo motor. mmmmmmm :) I'll be modding it just enough to still be a realistic daily driver.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
In for a walk thru on the lamps. Complete with photos.
If only I had time, that would be nice...;) These took a very long time. You should buy a trashed set online and test it out yourself! Be creative that's the idea right??

As for the basics:

Remove wiring harness

Remove start screws (4)

Set oven to 220, bake for 9 minutes 30 seconds.

Pull apart from blinker side, popping tabs from black housing off of clear lens. Butter knife is your best friend, but you really could do it without the butter knife, pulling apart in the right location.

I don't have time to help out on DIY's..:( Sorry gents. (work 75 hours a week)

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Wow! Nice work! Can't wait to see pics with them in the car.

·
Registered
2012 2.5i Limited
153 Posts
I spy a hood scoop.

Did you convert the front bumper to 2013 or mod the grill to fit a pre-facelift Gen 4?

**Edit: Nevermind, just saw you're running a 2013 Legacy bumper

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Good morning! Here's another pic. I'll take good photos this weekend, with them on!

Attachments

• 190.1 KB Views: 36,459
1 - 20 of 62 Posts