Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback Touring 3.6R
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back when we bought our '11 OB, it was possible to custom-order your car. The advantage is that you could order any of the dealer-installed accessories and they'd be installed at the factory without the added dealer labor charges. Even the bumper hitch could be factory installed.

Does anyone know if this is still available?

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,311 Posts
Yes, talk to a salesman at your dealer, they will negotiate your price and submit your order.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,548 Posts
Does anyone know if this is still available?
Definitely still available. Customer "sold" orders normally even receive priority scheduling over dealer stock orders. Delivery time can be anywhere from 6 to 12 weeks, with 6-8 weeks reported as typical at the present time.

As hallux states, you negotiate factory configuration, PIO options, and price before placing the order. On the other hand, Subaru finance rates are set monthly and determined at the time of delivery, and can't be "locked in" at the time of order.

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
508 Posts
We are thinking of doing this to save money.

I dont need Subaru's 180.00 rubber mats, when weather techs are half the price and far superior.

most of the dealer adds are way, way, ovepriced and on every car.

We were also told that if a dealer has one coming in, they can put a stop on port adds before they are installed as well. the only thing i could see us wanting are the approach light mirrors. Theyre nice.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
We are thinking of doing this to save money.

I dont need Subaru's 180.00 rubber mats, when weather techs are half the price and far superior. .
They are superior to factory. Weathertrch liners list for $179.90/set on website. Amazon has fronts for $106. Rears are $66.

Check out Husky Liners. There are many threads around here comparing the two. IMO Husky is better in every way. Coverage(especially dead pedal and behind gas pedal), fit and price. As I have said many times before the only thing better with Weathertech is they have a Superbowl commercial. List on website, $140 full set. Amazon $125 full set. Check Amazon as they have them on sale fairly often. I got mine $111 delivered. Worth a look.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,548 Posts
I dont need Subaru's 180.00 rubber mats ...
No need for hyperbole. When ordered as a PIO accessory, OE Subaru "all-weather" rubber mats are MSRP = $101, Invoice = $65. Source: www.nadaguides.com

When purchased from a Subaru parts department (part number J501SAL400), the all-weather rubber mats are MSRP = $79.99, but they can easily be found discounted to $64 or less.

Reactions: dhtwalden

·
Registered
2018 3.6R Limited - Magnetite - LP Adventure lift
508 Posts
Whatever -

There isn't an OEM mat made that's worth more than or the same as a husky or weathertech liner. I dont need overpriced OEM port add fluff.

Or 100.00 LED interior lights that should be standard on a 38K automobile. (That you can get for 25-30.00 online with a lifetime warranty @ Deautokey )

162 bucks for door edge guards?
245 for vent visors

The problem I've seen is that most of the cars around here have a bunch of this junk tacked on that easily adds up to 1000.00 or more. The wheel arch mouldings are insanely overpriced and should come standard on the car with limited or touring trims. The point is, most of these items can be had higher quality for the same price or less in non oem form, and you'll have better items to boot.

The auto dimming mirrors with approach lights are nice, however. I find myself constantly blinded by bro dozers with HID Xenons retrofitted into reflector housings.

·
Premium Member
2020 Outback Premium
373 Posts
hyperbole

No need for hyperbole. When ordered as a PIO accessory, OE Subaru "all-weather" rubber mats are MSRP = $101, Invoice = $65. Source: www.nadaguides.com

When purchased from a Subaru parts department (part number J501SAL400), the all-weather rubber mats are MSRP = $79.99, but they can easily be found discounted to $64 or less.
"hyperbole". Good word. I enjoy a good multi syllable word from time to time. Thanks @ammcinnis
:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts