Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2010 Outback that was (1) owner with 53,000 original miles. I did brief reviews which all appeared to be good. It was not until later I realized all of the CVT issues. My question, has anyone ever converted to a manual or the regular 4 speed auto if so, how feasible is it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Convenience
1,278 Posts
Just change the CVT fluid at a regular interval and see how the trans goes. I'm sure not every transmission goes ****-up, probably the ones that are abused/unmaintained are reported....

As for feasibility, you would need the driveshaft and rear diff. Then there's the ECU. It will be looking for the CVT signals, might need an ecu from a manual transmission car. Clutch pedal, linkage, interlock.... There is a lot but doable and likely $$

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,120 Posts
you will need to find all of the parts that are different and swap accordingly... CVT should not have any issues but you can always talk to Subaru of maple syrup land and see what can be done if it does have troubles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts