Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there
is or has anyone had any issues with their CVT issues on 2011 subaru outback 3.6L
my car started jolting and the mechanic said i had no torque and had to replace it
it looks like a very common problem in the USA as they offered extended warranty to fix it
problem is when i took it to subaru in australia they said its not valid as the parts were made in japan and not usa
was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and did you jsut pay to get it fixed or if you were able to get it under warranty????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thinku r right i used the wrong words.... But whatever it is it's a problem just wondering if any1 has had a similar issue where the car jolts suddenly and revs for a sec or 2..... and how did they fix it??? Was it with subaru or they did it locally?
Any recommendations and rough costings

·
Registered
620 Posts
I am in Australia and have a 2011 3.6 with the 5EAT auto. My car now has 211,000 Km’s on the clock and the auto is still running fine except for a bit of torque converter shudder around 80Km/h when the torque converter is going into “lock up” mode.

Exactly what symptoms are you experiencing and at what speed?

There have been some problems with the valve body in the 5EAT transmissions which Subaru and auto transmission service centres fix with a whole valve body replacement at around $2,000. Members on this forum have managed to use an off the shelf part to fix the valve body for under $100 and some of their time to do the replacement.

Please give us some more info so we can help you further.

Seagrass

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
seagrass
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing