Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this is same with all cruise control or the adaptive model.

It seemed like my car would travel same flat stretch of street or road at lower RPM with cruise control engaged. To test I repeated this a few times today. In each I could not hold same speed without higher RPM when cruise control was off.

Anybody know if this is all cruise control driving or just with the adaptive feature?

I don't think I noticed this on my mother in law's which is a year older but don't have the chance to test it. She never uses cruise control.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have a 13 without eyesight and it does the same thing. Driving at steady speed, hit cruise, RPMs drop and MPG gauge goes up

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have a 13 without eyesight and it does the same thing. Driving at steady speed, hit cruise, RPMs drop and MPG gauge goes up
I also had that experience with hills. I could maintain one speed up a hill, and the cruise could hold the same speed but the mpg gauge gave the nod to the cruise control.

the only other way was to shift it manually.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I fooled with my wife's minivan (automatic is new to me after 37 years) and didn't noticed that difference but I sure see how the adaptive cruise makes it easier to do this. It looks like if I use the adaptive cruise in city and metro driving I'll have a noticeable boost in fuel economy.

On adaptive cruise..... I don't know if it's the perception because my foot's off the brake pedal but it doesn't seem to slow the car as smoothly as I can but it maintains and does slight acceleration in a smooth manner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
imwjl
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing