Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 2.5i. I had to replace the valve body in the CVT. At first Reverse = Drive (To my surprise I drove it off the front of the ramps.) then Reverse, Neutral, and Drive = Reverse. Now, Reverse = Reverse, Neutral = Neutral, but Drive still = Reverse. I tried, a couple times, a relearn procedure on the Gen 5 forum to no avail. Anybody know what's going on or what I did or not do? Thank you for any help.

·
Registered
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
1,036 Posts
Something similar to this was reported by another member in the last six to twelve months after they did some work on their CVT.

I cannot remember what the cause was or who the member was and I am not sure whether the admins have fixed the search function on this new website yet so that you maybe able to find the post.

Seagrass

·
Registered
'17 OB 3.6 , '12 OB 3.6 (Deceased MVA), '11 OB 2.5 , '11 Legacy 2.5
150 Posts
Search the forum for "Valve Body" or "VB". Did you insert the "manual" sliding bar of the VB properly within the bottom of the transmission housing?

·
Registered
Outback 2011 3.6R Premium
1,036 Posts
Did you insert the "manual" sliding bar of the VB properly within the bottom of the transmission housing?
That is the reference/topic I was thinking of, I have been searching the forum for the topic but I cannot find it (which is not surprising on this “new website”)

From memory there is a small bar in the bottom of the CVT or valve body that needs to be held in place so the valve body engages with the sliding bar correctly when the valve body is installed.

If this bar is not in place you get the behaviour you are experiencing.

Seagrass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts