Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5
186 Posts
Does the CVT relearn procedure have to be done as shown in the video about replacing the entire control valve body when just a solenoid is replaced? If so, does this force a trip to the dealer since it appears that requires proprietary Subaru software
I changed out my whole Control Valve Body and didn't have to do anything about relearning. and it's been driving find for the last 10k+ miles

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have a tr690, when changing into second gear a get a shudder as if the car will stall then it picks up and is fine. I get the traction light, at oil temp & abs light, when scanned i get p2764. i removed the valve body all solenoids tested the normal ohms (13) according to pdf guide i found here. should i change the lock up solenoid just the same and bolt the valve body back up and problem fixed or is there something else wrong. waiting on responses before reinstalling valve body. thanks.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
10,686 Posts
I thought the lock up duty solenoid was one of the three located at the bottom of the second/third picture?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I thought the lock up duty solenoid was one of the three located at the bottom of the second/third picture?
Yes it is (one the with the green wire at the end) don’t mind what’s circled in the pic. Couldn’t find the unedited pic. Initially I though that was the LUduty but later found it wasn’t.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I still have one salvage solenoid from the valve body I demonstrated in the video if anyone wants it I'll send for free.
well, this could have saved me $100... a bit late for that now... XD

Thanks a lot for the video, I just finished this last night, everything went smoothly apart from the oil mess I made :)

I didn't expect to feel the car drive differently, I've only drove it with the issue since I got it... bought recently..

·
Registered
4 Posts
well, this could have saved me $100... a bit late for that now... XD

Thanks a lot for the video, I just finished this last night, everything went smoothly apart from the oil mess I made :)

I didn't expect to feel the car drive differently, I've only drove it with the issue since I got it... bought recently..
Do you have the flashing AT Fluid overtemp light? Mine did, and a re-learn at the dealership cured it. The car drives much better now, and the process only cost me a half hour of dealer labor.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do you have the flashing AT Fluid overtemp light? Mine did, and a re-learn at the dealership cured it. The car drives much better now, and the process only cost me a half hour of dealer labor.
I did, but it would light up after a bit of driving... It was never on from start... but it never appeared again after the new solenoid was in...

21 - 28 of 28 Posts