Subaru Outback Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,879 Posts
It’s late and I’m curious but do t feel like scouring the forum.
What do these other X-Gauge PIDs do? Why should I care? Any other PIDs out there Not listed on ScanGauge‘s site?

Actual Gear Ratio
Target Gear Ratio
Secondary Pulley Speed
Primary Pulley Speed
Lock Up Duty Ratio
Transfer Duty Ratio
Turbine Revolution Speed
I've entered all of those PIDs on my Scangauge and at various times have monitored all of them as I drive. Other than being kind of interesting watching the different numbers as the CVT is in different situations I haven't found them to be particularly useful for anything. I figured if they were available I might as well check them out.

·
Registered
2019, Subaru Outback Limited 3.6R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I've entered all of those PIDs on my Scangauge and at various times have monitored all of them as I drive. Other than being kind of interesting watching the different numbers as the CVT is in different situations I haven't found them to be particularly useful for anything. I figured if they were available I might as well check them out.
LOL, I just did the same and came to the same conclusion.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,842 Posts
What do these other X-Gauge PIDs do?
Transfer Duty Ratio
The Transfer Clutch Duty Cycle is an interesting one to monitor. It allows you to watch the AWD system modulating the F/R torque split as you drive and encounter varying road conditions. Even on a flat, paved road the AWD system will normally bias more torque to the rear axle when you accelerate, and more to the front axle when you decelerate. (Per Subaru, the default torque split is 60% F, 40% R.)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts