Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to pull the trigger on a '13 with a 3.6 UNLESS anybody knows if the 2014 will be available with the CVT or a true 6 spd. auto.

Has anybody heard anything about this?

Thank you,

·
Registered
2008 subaru outback 2.5i
472 Posts
Why do they list the auto on their website as a transmission? but not offer it?

Subaru Transmission | Automatic & Manual Continuous Variable Transmission

Available on: All Vehicles ??? So it is still available ??

If they offered it in the 2012 I would have shelled out on a new on instead of my 08 but i really liked the 05-09 body style lol

I just sent SOA a email asking this question.. I think why should they state on their website that That old NON CVT automatic transmission is available for all models but in the build its not listed.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,366 Posts
Would love to see the JATCO 709 adapted for a Subaru application. It's the upgrade to the 507, which was adapted to become the Subaru 5EAT "Sportshift."

Same package, same configuration.

Except it's a 7-speed good for 300+hp :)

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don't know, but the new Forester XT has 256 horsepower and a CVT transmission. It seems plausible they'll make an appearance on the 3.6 in the not too distant future.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i
54 Posts
I was at the auto show today and they mentioned a new "high torque" CVT which I think will be in the Legacy to handle the power of the V6. So I would think that it is a pretty good likelihood it will happen.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Yes CVT will be sold on the 3.6. In manual mode a review noted that it had 8 simulated ie manually selectable gears of course with a CVT the CVT has far more gear ratio options than that. But pretty sure Subaru opted for 8 simulated gear options for the 3.6

1 - 8 of 8 Posts