Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 134 Posts

Registered
2016 Outback Limited 2.5i.
Here is a quote from the lifted crowd. They get low speed "wobble" the 60d "crompressed" insert seems to be the most benefical. There have been a few that like the 75d. The jury is still out on the 48d...

But, Thank You.

This great news, I am happy.

So, is any getting satisfaction from the 48d, or is it not being used by anyone? I am considering eliminating them from the kit. I still have yet to hear much confirmation on the 48d being effective.

Please post feedback anyone who has tried the 48d with successes.
TDCK,
I posted a comment on the long thread regarding my history with the vibration/shutter issue. I just wanted to post here and extend my appreciation for your hard work and dedication in trying to find a resolution to a problem/issue that is plaguing more lifted Subie's than most people realize. I am considering the purchase of your inserts. But again...Thank You!

Reactions: traildogck

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
TraildogCK the wobble is back. I have about 1,000 miles on your 60D CVT mount it started off good and the wobble was barley there but now it is back almost full force. Does the mount rubber breakdown that easy? The weather here has been rain about almost 2 weeks straight so I'm sure the mount has been constantly wet could that have helped with the mount breaking down? Any suggestions?
Hmm, it shouldn't break down. This is industrial urethane. It's as tough as tough is. With that said, I did have a 60 fail along with a 125K miles mount.
Was your insert recent, one of the new designs, the compressed insert? Did you check and see if it is still in there? Hmmm. I wonder if the amount of space on the safety bolt was too much.

I would remove it to see what it looks like. Pop the 75d in maybe. I have had some recent issues with my 85d material which in the same chemical family as the. The issue we suspect is moisture, UN-CURED urethane does not like moisture. Once it's cured, that's a different story. I had to fail (1) 60d piece a couple of days ago because there was some weirdness going on with it. It was growing like a stay-puff, after handling cure, but 72 hours later, weirdness.

So there could have been a chemical issue.

I can certainly replace it, I'd like to know what it looks like or if the car puked it out.

Did you have the 72mph humm or just the wobble?
I didn't have the 72mph rumble when it was installed. I don't have it now either. As soon as it stops raining for a couple days and I can drive through the yard to the garage I will do some investigating and get back to you. Yes this was one of the new compressed mounts. If it is still in there I would like a replacement it was doing so well. The wobbles started about a week into this rain for everyday for almost 2 weeks now. I will even mail it back to you so you can do test on it because it is of no use to me anymore. Thank you for the help.
If it popped out, then I know exactly what to do. The original I made like the 4/5EAT, from a static mount. It was a tight fit. Everyone then said there was an associated drone at that speed. I basically, loosened up the insert. however, I was concerned it would stay put.

I will have to recast a new "slightly compressed, tighter on the safety bolt" version.

You are the 1st I have heard of this, I'll keep at it.
Just some chatter from the lifted crowd.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Update ... 68-70d Material

I have been looking at a past material. It is in a different chemical family and may be a better solution, substitution for the 60d. PMC vs Simpact. I will visit the rubber shop tomorrow and look at a couple durometers. For those who already have my inserts, pm or email me. I will comp you a new piece, if you continue to either have issues, or want to experiment with new bits.

I am already into (2) different versions for the Ascent. Luckily, nobody is testing those yet. And I just invested in the CVT mount for the WRX/FXT/Levorg. It is now starting to be in my very best interest to get these things right.

Lifted, Lowered, Bloated or Levorg.I want you covered.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
More Updates

I will need to list part numbers and revise my ebay listings. I have recently conformed fitment on several other Subaru Models. I have also confirmed that Subaru really only (3) separate "void" designs/sizes for the CVT mounts. They have several different "mounts and part numbers", but the voids are one of (3) shapes.

I can now confirm, CKE SSP has a CVT mount insert to fit every model Subaru makes. (BRZ is excluded, the chassis guts are all Toyota parts) One insert even fits the last years for the Leggy/OB with the manual shift since the mount is the same as the CVT for those years.

Tell you friends and family with other Subarus, especially anyone with lift. ADF is now sending lift customers to me if they develop vibration issues.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
interested... thanks for all the hard work!

Has anyone had luck in just lifting the CVT to unload the mount so you can slip it in while under the car?
You shouldn't need to lift it much, the CVT inserts are cast from partially compressed mounts. I know people who have doe the 5EAT in the car, and they are made from the static mount.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #49 ·

Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
See here.

ADF is now a CKE SSP dealer, this is work in progress. We have (2) out of (5) insert designs live.

https://andersondesign-fab.com/product-category/trail-equipment/

More to come as I provide more information. ADF can move faster tdck. They are waiting on me to catch up.
I just posted this over in Overland Bound too: I had just about given up on the whole 18-22mph wobble crap that's plagued my 3.6R for too long (both pre and post lift) but I saw a post about your product there and I'm SO excited to get it. I'm still catching up on a year's worth of posts about it, but with this latest Anderson Fab news do you recommend people order from them or use your old ebay links (or are those dead now)?

Thank you again SO much, dude.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
but with this latest Anderson Fab news do you recommend people order from them or use your old ebay links (or are those dead now)?

Thank you again SO much, dude.
I fully support going though ADF.

Here is my main user page on ebay. All links should be current.

Dis-regard the guy that left positive feedback but called me a scumbag? Not sure about all that

Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R
I don鈥檛 see a link. I would like to see products
The ADF link was just a few posts up from yours.

I fully support going though ADF.
Chris, the part just got here from ADF; those guys are quick! :29: Question, though: Should I have received instructions too? They had some low-res pages on the product page, but nothing legible. Want to make sure I'm not missing something. (I know one step is taking the load off the mount with a jack, but don't know much beyond that.)

Excited to get this installed!

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
The ADF link was just a few posts up from yours.

Chris, the part just got here from ADF; those guys are quick! :29: Question, though: Should I have received instructions too? They had some low-res pages on the product page, but nothing legible. Want to make sure I'm not missing something. (I know one step is taking the load off the mount with a jack, but don't know much beyond that.)

Excited to get this installed!
I gave Patrick PDF so he could either give a hard copy or PDF copy.

email me at [email protected]

I will PDF you. Thank You for your interest in CKE SSP.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #57 ·

Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 CVT
It鈥檚 2.5. I will do the mount bushings and the sway bar bushing front and rear. Can you post link for all that I will buy ASAP and give my feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
41 - 60 of 134 Posts