Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I found it !! It was under accessories

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Right On.

Some things on the site are hard to source. There is a search function which is awesome.

Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
Just stopping in to say I installed the insert along with the ADF 2" lift yesterday. Piece of cake! Not sure I would have ever would have had the 18 mph wobbles, but definitely don't need to worry about it now.

Shout out to @Brucey for his easy to follow youtube install videos as well!

Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 CVT
I had no luck with this.

Yes agreed. It did not help with high speed vibrations. I will go to tire shop and re balance my tires tomorrow and see if that helps

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #87 ·

Installed dropper. Will be going to work soon so I will test it out

D*mn you car is so fresh, so clean.

Hopefully you can feel a distinctive difference after the CB drop. Most folks I have feedback from had the drop 1st, then my insert.

Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 CVT
But I did notice more torque. Idk if straightening the driveshaft helped that

Registered
Just found this thread. I do not like the jerk in the CVT when under moderate acceleration. I assume this is the "driveline slack" that is mentioned in this thread.

If I want to dampen or eliminate this jerking, which mount do I need? I have a 100% stock 2018 Outback 3.6R.

TIA

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Just found this thread. I do not like the jerk in the CVT when under moderate acceleration. I assume this is the "driveline slack" that is mentioned in this thread.

If I want to dampen or eliminate this jerking, which mount do I need? I have a 100% 2018 Outback 3.6R.

TIA
See the email in my signature. Contact me there.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
ADF Rocks more than Rocks

I can't say enough about...

Anderson
Design
&
Fabrication

Patrick is an awesome collaborator, trade partner and dealer. In spite of all the ebay BS with banning some of my listings, insert interest is NOT slowing down. I also can't thank @Brucey enough either. Without his needs, his diligent work and documentation, the CVT mount inserts would not exist.

Registered
2017 Outback 2.5i
I installed my insert back in March 2019. Not sure what the stiffness is, eBay didn't have the option to choose.

Anyways I had an issue with this speed bump where I work that would make the CVT jerk/rattle/shutter after driving over. Dealer says everything was working as normal. Installed the insert, the speed bump jerk/rattle/shutter went away...but then I had to deal with CVT vibration at 1100 rpm, 2900rpm, and redline. Everything the CVT did was transferred into the steering wheel and seat. Took the insert out today and car drives way smoother.

Again, not sure what stiffness I got but Im thinking it's either 60 or 65 since the higher numbers were discontinued as stated earlier in this thread.

I might shave the insert down when I get a chance and maybe drill a few holes into it and try it again. From a performance standpoint I don't think there's much other than making the CVT shift points more apparent.

Registered
2019 Outback 2.5i ADF 2"/2.5" Lift Yoko Geolandar 235/60R18
I got my ADF 2.0/2.5" lift installed a week and a half ago (55k ODO) and just got the alignment done yesterday. I got the "wobble" at 20 mph. I must say, it is much more subtle than I thought it would be and I probably would not have noticed it right away without having read posts on his site. The CVT mount insert is just a preference thing, correct? In other words, no additional damage is likely to happen if I DON'T do the insert, aside from the additional wear from the lift itself. Is that correct?

Attachments

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
The CVT mount insert is just a preference thing, correct? In other words, no additional damage is likely to happen if I DON'T do the insert, aside from the additional wear from the lift itself. Is that correct?
I would say the above is an accurate statement. Some people are less sensitive to things than others. Things are subjective to individuals. Some folks are MORE sensitive to the other "vibs" get transferred after the insert.

The transmission mount itself will wear out faster, and the "wobble" make get worse over time without an insert. That's about all the harm related to the insert I can project.

Oh, BTW ... do you have the ADF carrier bearing spacer kit that ADF sells? The CB spacer helps with wobble also. If you already have that with your kit? Then maybe part of the "wobble" has already been removed.

Registered
Oh, BTW ... do you have the ADF carrier bearing spacer kit that ADF sells? The CB spacer helps with wobble also. If you already have that with your kit? Then maybe part of the "wobble" has already been removed.
It did not come with the CB spacer. To fix/reduce the wobble and add some protection from long term wear, I should order the CB spacer and the 60d soft insert?

Registered
I just installed the carrier bearing spacers and CVT insert. No wobble! Power application feels smoother throughout acceleration range as well.

Registered
2016 2.5i Outback, 2002 Audi S4 Avant, 1980 CB750F Supersport, 1985 Carrera 3.2
I didn't notice it under their directory for the Gen5 Outback. Is this the correct part?

https://andersondesign-fab.com/product/3-4-carrier-bearing-spacer/

I have a Readylift kit installed and your mount helped with the wobbles but I still get a little bit on initial take-off and when accelerating under 20 mph. Hoping this will solve the remaining drivetrain issues.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
I didn't notice it under their directory for the Gen5 Outback. Is this the correct part?

https://andersondesign-fab.com/product/3-4-carrier-bearing-spacer/

I have a Readylift kit installed and your mount helped with the wobbles but I still get a little bit on initial take-off and when accelerating under 20 mph. Hoping this will solve the remaining drivetrain issues.
Yes, that should be the one. I think they are all the same. It's just a couple of spacers and some longer bolts. I don;t think anything has changed much under the cars.

81 - 100 of 124 Posts