Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to over-ride the shifting program so it will be a true CVT?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I wonder if you could clone most of the programming into an aftermarket ECU, but then add things like removal of fake shifts, addition of sport and sport sharp modes (for those of us that don't have 'em), etc? Just thinking out of my butt, no idea how feasible that would be, lol.

I do wonder how much time in the 0-60 (or in freeway onramp merging/passing, etc) is lost due to not being at the most ideal rpm along with the lost time it takes to fake the shift?

·
Super Moderator
9,427 Posts
I do wonder how much time in the 0-60 (or in freeway onramp merging/passing, etc) is lost due to not being at the most ideal rpm along with the lost time it takes to fake the shift?
<0.1 second.

You can get it to hold the RPM on a 0-60 run. It will also sometimes fake shift. Timing is very similar to the point that I think you would need a stop watch to tell the difference.

Shifting

Not shifting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
ammonthenephite
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing