Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Tomorrow I am picking up my new-to-me 2015 2.5i Limited, White with a Tan interior. While this was a sensible purchase for a 40-year old dad with two boys and a desk job in the suburbs, I'd like to rebel against that a little bit and, well, try to make the car look kind of bad-a$$. You know, borderline age-inappropriate for a 40-year old professional, something that my wife might cringe at a little bit, something my boys (8 and 4) will love now, but be embarrassed by when they hit their teens. I only do light offroading - I surf, and will take it on the beach - but that's really it. Here are my plans/questions:

Change Wheels/Tires - I think I am going to take off the stock rims and put black ones on there - someone on this site (Throttle Dan?) did that, looks fantastic. I'd also like to get a wider tire to make the car look more, I don't know, aggressive. My question: should I also go from 18" to the 17" wheels? I read somewhere that it means better/more tire options, does it also add to the "aggressive/cool" look, and do you think that change would be important/functional for use on the beach?

Wheel Well Guards(?) - Was thinking of putting those wheel well plastic guards on (black). Not sure of the source for those, but think they'd look cool.

An other easy additions? Remember, shallow, superficial, and mostly/purely cosmetic is OK. I like that roof basket, but I don't think I can do that - get in the way of my surf board. Since the car is black/white, my inspiration right now is to try to make it look like a Storm Trooper or something. Yup, I am really just trying way too hard to look "cool."

·
Premium Member
(formerly) 03 H6 OBW , (presently) 06 WRX Sportwagon & 2021 Honda CR-V
18,752 Posts
yeah rims is a good way to personalize the car - Discount Tire and TireRack both (I think?) have systems where you load in a pic of your car model and can 'try on' different rims.

I have done business with both and love my local DT. awesome company with customer-first philosophy.

Hella Supertones or FIAMM Freeway Blaster horn upgrade.

you could get the darkest legal tint - with a racing 'visor' that says SUBARU or some racing word/phrase

push bar, bug guard, wind deflectors, some vinyl stickers like ; zombie apocalypse survival vehicle or trunk monkey, wagon mafia, etc.

red or blue interior LEDs

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT Caramel Bronze Pearl
32 Posts
Depending on your State window treatment. jnmarshall is right if you want aggressive that setup would be useful. Although Cargo Basket may not work with surfboards. If I wanted aggressive I would wrap in a different look, maybe camo, maybe flame (definately flames).

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
737 Posts
My son had a white Outback and made it look "Star Wars" with Storm Trooper seat covers and a few other items...

·
Registered
2015 3.6R
1,855 Posts
Besides the usual accessories like fender guards, window visors, body side molding, etc. I made mine into a bat wagon.

Cheesy but kids love it and so do some adults.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Carbide Grey 2.5 Limited Outback with Eyesight. Add-on: Geolandar GO15's on 17" WRX rims, Ecohitch
300 Posts
My son had a white Outback and made it look "Star Wars" with Storm Trooper seat covers and a few other items...
Yeah, you definitely have to get some Imperial decals...a black one for the fuel door and some white ones for rear window.

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Limited
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Cheesy but kids love it and so do some adults.
Cheesy . . . or awesome! Thanks guys, this has been great. You've given me a bunch of ideas and, as important, put names on things so I could "Google" them and buy them. I'll post some before and afters as this goes forward. Definitely thinking wheels, tires, and the brush guard. Possibly the wind thingies (I hate a loud cabin) and I'm going to look into some of that badging and "dips" of the grills. I honestly had no idea what level of pimping you guys have done!!

·
Registered
2016 Outback Ltd 2.5 eyesight Nav push button Hole in roof, Lapis Blue
737 Posts
Reactions: Rico and BOXR 6

·
Registered
2017 3.6R Limited with Eye Sight
783 Posts
You know, borderline age-inappropriate for a 40-year old professional, something that my wife might cringe at a little bit, something my boys (8 and 4) will love now, but be embarrassed by when they hit their teens..... Yup, I am really just trying way too hard to look "cool."
Forget modifying your car.

Two words: Mom Jeans.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.