Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

does any one replaced quarter panel on their Subaru?

• yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Subaru outback 3.0 H6 ll bean limited 152000 miles, 2005 subaru outback base 268000 miles
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the damage that i want to repair. Im gonna post some pictures, time lapses videos etc. along the way, so stay tuned. Please comment if Im doing something wrong. Thank you.

·
Registered
2008 Subaru outback 3.0 H6 ll bean limited 152000 miles, 2005 subaru outback base 268000 miles
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just replaced the lower control arm!!!

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,553 Posts
I can tell you that having the plastic cladding come off in one piece at this age can be problematic - a recent repair to mine on passenger side rear door and rear panel resulted in all new plastic parts being needed there, as they all broke coming off. And this was a professional body shop. I didn't care one way or another, as it was the same deductible regardless, but you will, of course, doing it yourself.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can tell you that having the plastic cladding come off in one piece at this age can be problematic - a recent repair to mine on passenger side rear door and rear panel resulted in all new plastic parts being needed there, as they all broke coming off. And this was a professional body shop. I didn't care one way or another, as it was the same deductible regardless, but you will, of course, doing it yourself.
Thank you for caring. My Dad and I were able to take off all the plastic cladding with out a problem from donor car, and that car was 05. So I have all the necessary trim parts. Thanks for sharing.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,553 Posts
Glad that worked for you!

If I may ask, what kind of hit did that kind f damage such that the lower control arm broke? And are you sure that the damage is limited to that control arm and sheet metal / plastic cladding?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts