Subaru Outback Forums banner

Dang it! Not AGAIN!

5K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  YeuEmMaiMai 
#1 ·
So, we lost another one of the fleet.

Was traveling thru an intersection at around 45 MPH when the light turned yellow. A guy trying to make a left turn from the opposite direction pulled out right in front of me. I had no where to go. There were people stopped on the right of me, waiting for their light to turn green. I had to keep her straight.
Airbag deployed. I ended up with a slight crack in my Sternum. (painfull) But, am amazed, again, at how these cars fair in accidents.

Another rust free 2nd gen bites the dust.

See less See more
#4 ·
so,...damaged subarus seems like a family business starting up.

boy, wife, you. ...thats 3.

are you starting a subaru pick and pull ? Maybe "Zed's Subaru Family Farm"

#5 ·
My son has been running a car farm whilst doing a degree at University. I hate it but it keeps him occupied. Has made him a few dollars. Last car he bought was a 1999 BMW 323. This has had a major recall due to a Takata Airbag death here in Oz. They are buying them all back and will get crushed. Giving owners hire cars in the interim. Hopefully they offer him a few bucks more than what he paid for it. This is great service from the BMW. VW would not be so generous.

#15 ·
@Zedhead - when I hit the back of a tractor-trailer truck (I wasn't travelling fast - I had fallen asleep in stop-n-go traffic) in an '02 Accord, both airbags deployed. The bag, belt and the tensioner did their job. I remember the smell of the gunpowder, the reduced visibility in the cabin, and the look (imagine the painting "the scream") of people driving slowly past the accident.

The whole front-end of the vehicle was pushed in. I was SUPER surprised the ins co. didn't total the vehicle. I was even more astounded (anyone would be) that the dealership's collision department did such a great job that it drove much better after the repairs than it did before the accident... Tires never wore prematurely. At all speeds, the steering was excellent and no vibration. Fit and finish and color match blew me away. Vehicle served me well for sixteen years, until my son totaled it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.