Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weird question; are the dash lights the same in the XT and 2.5i? For some reason I thought the speedo and tach in the 2.5i had the orange surrounds the way the ignition switch does. Is this an XT-only feature? Should mine have the orange surrounds? Or am I crazy and none of them do. Thanks, and sorry for the weird question.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any assistance for newbie attempting to Change/Replace "gear shift" back lights on wife/son's OB 2.5i. Saw some info re: 1999 model yet something didn't seem right about it. Would greatly appreciate any/all direction and /or guidance in the area. Sláinte

·
Registered
'05 Outback 2.5 XT Limited, '09 Outback Sport, '13 Outback 3.6R Limited w/SAP & Brilliant Brown Pearl
161 Posts
This is what my 2005 2.5XT dash looks like.. The lighting is what they call ElectroLuminescence... Kinda like florescent lighting..

Where yours says Outback, mine has another readout on the bottom of the speedometer that shows what gear the car is in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 when sport mode is activated..

Steve
Berthlehem, Pa.

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i 5MT
6 Posts
Weird question; are the dash lights the same in the XT and 2.5i? For some reason I thought the speedo and tach in the 2.5i had the orange surrounds the way the ignition switch does. Is this an XT-only feature? Should mine have the orange surrounds? Or am I crazy and none of them do. Thanks, and sorry for the weird question.

I have a 2008 2.5I and my dash looks like this but lit up with red rings around the speed and tach.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
In 2008, the 3.0R got electroluminescent gauges as well. They're gorgeous, and even POST when the car is started. I think the only difference is the tach in the 3.0R goes to 9k and the XT tach goes to 8k. The non-turbo H4s don't have them:

Attachments

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts