Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback, 2.5, Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Sorry that my first post is for an issue, but that's how its goes. Well I am the proud owner of a 2013 OB Limited 2.5... I have had it for 2 week and put on 1000 fun miles. Outside of getting used to the touchy steering and "on rails" feeling on the highway I really like it.

So I just started to notice 2 minutes into a drive my dash, and radio lights will dim, go bright then returned to normal. Then the other day the middle dome light which is on auto stayed on after closing the door and driving then dimmed then went on and off.

Any takers on this?

I will eventually bring it in since I have a warranty, but I fear its one of those electrical issue that will take forever to replicate and I will be without out a car for awhile.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2020 Touring Onyx XT; 2014 Tribeca
399 Posts
are your headlights on auto? Thinking it is dimming the illumination when it turns on the headlights.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes headlights set to auto... does that adjust the interior light output as well, because I can still brighten them and dim them with the dimming wheel.

·
Registered
'15 STi and '13 GTI
1,009 Posts
Yes headlights set to auto... does that adjust the interior light output as well, because I can still brighten them and dim them with the dimming wheel.
Yes. When your headlights are turned off the dash, radio and mileage/time display all display brighter than when the lights are turned on. Unless you have your interior illumination dial at the max setting, which you have to click past with the wheel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have my headlight dial on auto and my dim wheel on 2 down from the brightest setting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts