Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'15 Outback 2.5i Premium
2,500 Posts
Speed limit is included in GPS road map data. I presume your car has the factory navigation system option.

Garmin GPS units display speed limits that are remarkably reliable. They're not perfect, but usually quite good. I can't speak for the data provided with the Subaru factory system. Its data is likely much older than what's available from Garmin and possibly out of date, if it was accurate to start with.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6r Limited
15 Posts
I have a 2017 Outback and so far the speed signs icon where I live are correct. I'll keep an eye out now to make sure.

·
Premium Member
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
315 Posts
I have a 2017 Outback and so far the speed signs icon where I live are correct. I'll keep an eye out now to make sure.
They are very often correct for me too. But they're by no means perfect. I had a long road trip, and I could watch the speed icons change as I passed a road sign reducing or increasing the limit -- but I also watched the icon indicator not change at all when the signage clearly indicated a change. Do keep an eye on it!

·
Registered
2018 Outbackk 3.6r
3 Posts
speed limits

Here in Illinois and Wisconsin they are wrong more than correct, I put my $90 garmin in the window, it is almost always correct, and does a better job of showing streets, intersections etc. Just my 2 cents, the factory navi is poor at best

·
Registered
2018 Legacy 36R
296 Posts
Waze will show both the speed limit and the speed you are driving. I haven't used it enough to know how it compares to Garmin. One thing I miss which is available on my Garmin is altitude.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts