Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This afternoon I noticed that the dash vinyl has begun to delaminate and pull away from the dash at the top left where the dash vinyl "tucks" in at the headunit bezel trim. It's almost like it has started to shrink or wasn't glued to start with. Has anyone else experienced this in their Outback? Surely I don't have the only dash that has this issue.

·
Registered
2018 Outback 2.5i Touring
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No problem on ours. Did you have the head unit replaced? Perhaps the dealer damaged it when removing/installing.
Not to my knowledge. So far, the only time the dash has been compromised was to access the instrument cluster for loading new software to correct the DTE reminder (fuel gauge monitor).

It will be going back to the dealer to address this problem and get it repaired. I will post the results when it's done. Is this the beginning of future problems with the dash? Only time will tell.

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
286 Posts
I have a 2018 (touring) and noticed the same as you are describing a few months ago. I have had both distance to empty (didn't pay attention to fact the dash is touched) and a new head unit. Once we get through current COVID surge, I will make an appointment with the dealer to take a look.

My daughter noted there is a bit of rattle/rub from same area when we were driving the other day.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts