Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
dear outbackers
Subaru Outback 2.5 2015, 70,000 miles
I turned the car on this morning, the eyesight was off, the lane departure also was off, and the check engine came on.
also the X-ride came on.
Can someone please let me know whats happening?

here is a photo of my dashboard

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Subaru engineers like to make sure you don't miss the check engine light so they light up everything.

You need to have it scanned for codes. Once you post the codes you will might get some useful help.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
3,974 Posts
Subaru engineers like to make sure you don't miss the check engine light so they light up everything.

You need to have it scanned for codes. Once you post the codes you will might get some useful help.
The one time I had everything light up like that on my Outback I had a code P0000. When I searched for what it was I found it is the code for "No Diagnostic Trouble Codes Reported"
Go Figure. I reset the codes and haven't ever seen it again. 😄

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 15 did this when I went through a big puddle. The rear diff vent got wet. I relocated it to a higher point and cleared the codes.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
6,927 Posts
Easy things first. Check that your gas cap is tight. Really!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i checked my gas cap it is tight. no issue there. The idling on the car became very weak, as if it is about to stall.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Maybe a MAF failure? Brothers car (not a Subaru) lit up not long ago and then shortly after didn't want to move.

Either way, plug in a reader and find out what code it is.

·
Registered
2016 Outback 3.6R Black/Black
34 Posts
Mine did it on a really hot day and in traffic. It was the lack of insulation around the ambient temp sensor.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update: I went to the Subaru dealership this morning they hooked it up to the computer, it gave the codes P1604
( Stability malfunction) P0560 (Voltage system).
The mechanic said it could be the ECM-voltage system is damaged. The check engine and all other lights disappeared after they performed idle relearn and throttle body cleaning. but now the lane departure and eyesight are not working. They said they need to do more computer analysis to see if the ECM is damaged. They said if that is the case it might cost up to $2000 to change the ECM system. I am in shock. Am I being bamboozled by the dealership or I have to accept their their report

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i 2003 Legacy L special edition (retired to backup)
1,244 Posts
I would politely ask SOA if they would be willing to assist.

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
You can always seek a second opinion from another dealer or independent shop.

Unfortunately electrical issues can take time to troubleshoot and time is money.

·
Registered
11 Posts
call Subaru and start a case. when my second transmission died at 80k, they sent me a Tumi duffel bag and a $500 service voucher for future services (and they replaced the trans with a remanufactured one).
they helped when my wife's 14 forester A/C died twice (yes twice), once at 40k and the second at 70k. I think we both got cars built the Friday after thanksgiving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
call Subaru and start a case. when my second transmission died at 80k, they sent me a Tumi duffel bag and a $500 service voucher for future services (and they replaced the trans with a remanufactured one).
they helped when my wife's 14 forester A/C died twice (yes twice), once at 40k and the second at 70k. I think we both got cars built the Friday after thanksgiving.
I guess I got myself a lemon. Frustrating. I can't believe I have to cough 2K on a 2015 OB that is supposed to be a reliable car. Never again. I was so happy before with the Honda CRV, but the wife insisted she want an OB.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
I guess I got myself a lemon. Frustrating. I can't believe I have to cough 2K on a 2015 OB that is supposed to be a reliable car. Never again. I was so happy before with the Honda CRV, but the wife insisted she want an OB.
Suck, and definitely frustrating. But having a problem on a five year old car with 70K on the clock doesn't really qualify it as a lemon.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Suck, and definitely frustrating. But having a problem on a five year old car with 70K on the clock doesn't really qualify it as a lemon.
Danver, that is not the only problem I have had with the car. The Ac died right after the warranty ran out, the rear left control arm had to be changed also the pillow ball, even when the car was under warranty at least it visited the dealer once every two months for some mechanical issues.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
first of all I really want to thank ya'll, for giving me feedback on the issue.
The other day the front of my exhaust was rattling so i went under the car and put a clamp around the protective metal sheet and the pipe (see photo). could that trigger a code or check engine?

·
Registered
5,497 Posts
Would depend if you accidentally pinched any wires or connections.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Danver, that is not the only problem I have had with the car. The Ac died right after the warranty ran out, the rear left control arm had to be changed also the pillow ball, even when the car was under warranty at least it visited the dealer once every two months for some mechanical issues.
I agree. I’ve had a ton of issues with mine too- never had these problems with Honda or Toyota. These will be our last Subaru’s. I was hoping to drive this ob for many years, a big disappointment. I love how it drives but quality control and durability suck.

·
Registered
3,974 Posts
Valid points I suppose. Honda and Toyota vehicles never have problems. I have no idea why everybody doesn't drive those. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts