Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5 6sp Manual
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christmas came early on my dashboard display. Just installed a block heater on my car. Forgot to plug in a couple of sensors before restarting it. I can understand that the check engine light is on. But I'm not sure why my brake light is flashing and traction control light is on. Cruise control light is also blinking constantly. Weird. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Limited
961 Posts
Congrats on the block heater - it's such a nice feature to have! I did mine a couple years back.

So those would be the O2 sensors that you disconnected as you lowered the manifolds. Hm, you may have to give it a few start/stop cycles to reset the codes. Alternatively you could try to disconnect the battery again (with the sensors plugged in) to reset (pump the brake pedal a few times to drain any capacitors), and then reconnect the battery and start her up again.

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrats on the block heater - it's such a nice feature to have! I did mine a couple years back.
Thanks. Plug was a bear to break free. After some heat and a really loooong bar we got it!

So those would be the O2 sensors that you disconnected as you lowered the manifolds. Hm, you may have to give it a few start/stop cycles to reset the codes. Alternatively you could try to disconnect the battery again (with the sensors plugged in) to reset (pump the brake pedal a few times to drain any capacitors), and then reconnect the battery and start her up again.
My friend has a code reader. He's going to bring it around later and see if we can clear them. Apparently the CEL throws all the other codes as a precaution, so once we clear that everything should go away. If that doesn't work I'll do the battery thing. Thanks:smile2:

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5 Limited
961 Posts
Good luck! By the way if you have a smart home hub getting one of these http://a.co/8DaQDIT is perfect for the block heater, so you can easily create a schedule or make it trigger based on events (or manually activate from your phone).

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good luck! By the way if you have a smart home hub getting one of these http://a.co/8DaQDIT is perfect for the block heater, so you can easily create a schedule or make it trigger based on events (or manually activate from your phone).
I'm looking at a remote timer I can also run from the house.
My friend just showed up with his $5000.00 'Snap-on' diagnostic module and cleared my codes. He was even able to get rid of that pesky tire pressure light that came on after I changed my wheels over for the cold season.

Bring on the cold weather now!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts