Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

My wife's 08OBXT dashboard lights have starting flickering - specifically the audio and climate control lights. She hasn't reported any other symptoms as far as driving goes. Has anyone experienced this before? Thanks for your help!

Spence

·
Registered
19,520 Posts
Is it only the radio and climate control lights, or does it include the instrument panel as well as the window switches etc that are lit at all times.

Or perhaps I'm misunderstanding what is actually flickering -- I believe your XT has the automatic climate controls with the 6CD changer, and the fluorescent display for the radio and climate settings. If it's just the fluorescent display that's flickering, then the cause is probably isolated to the radio/HVAC unit.

The premium radio/automatic climate control system has exhibited problems with soldering on one of the main printed circuit boards inside. That's not to say that this is the source of your problem, at least, not yet.

Does the flickering actually involve the lighting/display going out and then coming back on shortly after and if so, does it seem to happen when the car hits bumps (even minor ones)?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's only the radio and climate lights, not the instrument panel. My wife was driving and she didn't believe me when I said the lights were flickering - but then she finally noticed, when I pointed it out.

Basically those lights completely go out for a short moment and come back on, randomly. As far as I've noticed, I don't think it has to do with hitting bumps. I guess the flickering doesn't bother us, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a sign of a more serious problem.

Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
19,520 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts