Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2017, Limited 2.5
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time in my 2017 Limited w/Eyesight I've had what looks like an uneven finish on my dash rubber/vinyl surface. I'll post pics later but overall it looks like there are some patches where it is lighter. I've tried wiping it down with a damp microfiber cloth and also with a mild soap and water combo. Still, it appears uneven.

I've used Aerospace 303 and it looked nice but you could still see the differences in the color on the surface. Overall it's just not uniform.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2017, Limited 2.5
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are some pics. It's not a huge issue - but if there's a film or coating that's been removed I'd appreciate any suggested remedies. There are other areas on the dash with the same issue - this is just the one I see the most as it's right in front of the driver's seat.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2018 Outback, 2.5L, Limited
26 Posts
Are those photos with 303 on the surface? THe discoloration is hard to tell. Was it there when you purchased the car? If so and it's bothering you, you could always have a leather / vinyl repair guy re-do the color in that area to make it uniform.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have an 18 that looks just like yours. My guess is poor mixing on the material going into the mold, so we have inconsistent color. I tried to even it out a few times before deciding it was in the material not on it and just let it go as one of a number of things that should have been caught by Subaru at production or me at pick up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts