Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'16 Outback 3.6R
74 Posts
It looks pretty normal to me. When the lights come on, the dash lights are supposed to dim. Check page 3-49 of your owner's manual to see how this is adjusted. You may have hit the adjustment without realizing it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Normal operation. If it's daylight out and you have it in "auto" mode the dash lights default to highest brightness, or day mode. If you turn the switch to "on", the dash lights switch to night mode which is adjustable with thumbwheel to left of steering wheel in lower switch panel.

·
Premium Member
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,697 Posts
Why is this like this? See the attached pictures
Picture #1 is headlight switch in AUTO mode. Picture #2 is headlight switch OFF. Normal operation. Headlights OFF assumes daylight conditions, which calls for full instrument brightness. AUTO mode varies instrument illumination to match headlight status (on/off), depending upon ambient brightness. This is all in your Owners Manual.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks pretty normal to me. When the lights come on, the dash lights are supposed to dim. Check page 3-49 of your owner's manual to see how this is adjusted. You may have hit the adjustment without realizing it.
I realized that there is a adjustment button which made the dashlights dim. Later i adjusted and display lights are normal now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.