Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Just got a new Outback and took out the Dashcam from my Forester with Eyesight. Just wondering if anyone has a link to the official guide to not affect the HBA and or eyesight? Also has anyone installed the Viofo A119 with success?

I see someone wrote a good install guide with the Blackvue but I would prefer just to re-use my Viofo.

Thanks T

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,402 Posts
It should be pretty similar install process across all models. I have both eye sight and a dash cam with no issue.

·
Registered
2017 Outback 3.6R Limited
440 Posts
It should be pretty similar install process across all models .I have both eye sight and a dash cam with no issue.
It's not straightforward for the years before 2018, as the OBs had a third camera for HBA right where most people would put the dash cam behind the rear view mirror. There isn't a great alternative location that stays out of the view of the other two EyeSight cameras unless you stick it way to the side.

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,402 Posts
It's not straightforward for the years before 2018, as the OBs had a third camera for HBA right where most people would put the dash cam behind the rear view mirror. There isn't a great alternative location that stays out of the view of the other two EyeSight cameras unless you stick it way to the side.
2017 has high beam assist (HBA). Mine does. I have it just to side of the right camera high up on the windshield.

·
Registered
440 Posts
2017 has high beam assist (HBA). Mine does. I have it just to side of the right camera high up on the windshield.
Can you show a picture of where you have it mounted? How is the dash cam attached?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Thanks. I like the form factor of the Viofo camera, and I see how that mounting position puts the lens below the tinted strip at the top of the windshield. But I'm amazed that in 2018 a bunch of dashcam makers still sell product that use Mini USB connector instead of Micro USB.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have the official image from Subaru as to where items can be installed? Also the black strip on the top with the dimples does that come off easily? Worries it might wreck if I ever needed to take the dashcam off.

Thanks T

·
Registered
440 Posts
Does anyone have the official image from Subaru as to where items can be installed? Also the black strip on the top with the dimples does that come off easily? Worries it might wreck if I ever needed to take the dashcam off.

Thanks T
The black dots (called frit) are made of ceramic that's fused to the glass. It's fine to attach 3M adhesive to them to mount a dashcam. But you need to make sure the location of the dashcam doesn't interfere with the EyeSight cameras.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Really new to this. Where is everyone pulling power for their cameras from? From the mirror power?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts