Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After having her way with Little Red, (Google that one), my youngest daughter changed lanes without looking over her shoulder and another car was already occupying the left lane. I've explained physics to her before but she doesn't always remember that two bodies cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Body damage from bow to stern on Onyx. Luckily my deductible is only $200 and she has that much in savings to cover it.

Attachments

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
Glad shes ok. My daughter is only 8. I keep telling her cars will be driving them selves by the time she is old enough to drive?

·
Registered
'18 Outback Touring Dark Blue Pearl 3.6r
1,659 Posts
After having her way with Little Red, (Google that one), my youngest daughter changed lanes without looking over her shoulder and another car was already occupying the left lane. I've explained physics to her before but she doesn't always remember that two bodies cannot occupy the same space at the same time. Body damage from bow to stern on Onyx. Luckily my deductible is only $200 and she has that much in savings to cover it.
Do her a favor and teach her the correct way to adjust the side mirrors. ;) That is if you haven't already and that wasn't the cause.

Reactions: Radar

·
Registered
2006 Subaru OUtback XT
90 Posts
After having her way with Little Red, (Google that one) <<<SNIP>>>
Google came up with About 236,000,000 results (0.91 seconds) I'll try to look at all of them. :nerd:

A 1978-1979 Dodge Little Red? I have a 1978 Dodge Little Red Express.

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,144 Posts
Glad shes ok. My daughter is only 8. I keep telling her cars will be driving them selves by the time she is old enough to drive?
We are in the same boat.

LittleB thought she was getting the XJ at 16. I had to break her heart and not only crush the Jeep at the salvage yard, but also crush her idea of a fossil-fuel-burning dirt crusher.

When she was 5, she would just randomly spout from her car seat "Daddy drive on the sidewalk" Sadly, she won't be driving on the sidewalk.

·
Registered
Onyx, 2008 LL Bean 3.0R and 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
4,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Google came up with About 236,000,000 results (0.91 seconds) I'll try to look at all of them. :nerd:

A 1978-1979 Dodge Little Red? I have a 1978 Dodge Little Red Express.
No. Search here for my old car affectionately nick-named Little Red so as not to confuse the family with the Big Red Suburban I owned for a while at the same time. I rescued the car from a field in WV through inheritance when my sister-in-law passed, converted the interior from base model to a Limited, found and fixed an intermittent steering wheel shimmy, put 231K miles on it, had grand adventures on and off road, until my daughter wrecked it trying to turn left across 2 lanes of traffic. Then I sold her (the car, not the daughter), to another long-time forum member (Brucey) who fixed it up and sold it non-profit to a needy friend.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,322 Posts
No. Search here for my old car affectionately nick-named Little Red so as not to confuse the family with the Big Red Suburban I owned for a while at the same time. I rescued the car from a field in WV through inheritance when my sister-in-law passed, converted the interior from base model to a Limited, found and fixed an intermittent steering wheel shimmy, put 231K miles on it, had grand adventures on and off road, until my daughter wrecked it trying to turn left across 2 lanes of traffic. Then I sold her (the car, not the daughter), to another long-time forum member (Brucey) who fixed it up and sold it non-profit to a needy friend.
maybe your daughter was just testing Onyx's side airbags. (this time not hit hard enough to deploy).

maybe your daughter needs to use the thin skin Sonata,... and safely total it, and Mrs. Peab gets something else.

maybe Mr. Peab should go an buy back little red, (no working side airbags though).

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums...505-little-red-dead-long-live-little-red.html

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/110-gen-2-2000-2004/442929-little-red-dark-phoenix-saga.html

·
Brucey
'17 3.6
11,412 Posts
Little Red still on road.

All bumper stickers still there! There is now an added bumper sticker that has the LOST numbers.

Friend is happy to have heated seats here lately!
@DavidPeab glad to hear she's alright! Bay Area traffic is nuts.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,360 Posts
The skills will improve.

Sooner or later.

Mean time, keep your deductible low, the faith in your upbringing of her up, and your nerves as a father steeled.

And keep on charging her the deductible, in case there is anything else yet to come. Teenagers understand that part of it pretty well.

·
Registered
2014 OBW Premium (Ice Silver Metalic)
309 Posts
Chilipup was driving my 07 Outback on a gravel road last summer and was apparently trying to channel Ken Block. Understeer got her and she totalled it. I am now letting her drive my '99 Legacy Outback. Upside is that I'm out from under that worn-out Legacy and the daughter has had to learn to drive a stick or ride her bike.

Glad everybody is OK.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,322 Posts
We are in the same boat.

LittleB thought she was getting the XJ at 16. I had to break her heart and not only crush the Jeep at the salvage yard, but also crush her idea of a fossil-fuel-burning dirt crusher.

When she was 5, she would just randomly spout from her car seat "Daddy drive on the sidewalk" Sadly, she won't be driving on the sidewalk.
well maybe you could point at a KJ dork wagon,
with some off road lights and a lift kit and tell her, that jeep probably has some of our old jeep built into it from the recycled steel.
(maybe a 2018 wrangler unlimited would be cooler....now if only fiat chrysler could make a engine as reliable as the antique 4.0 liter I-6).

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,144 Posts
We are in the same boat.
@eagleeye , someone ... nobody sees this hanging fruit? This softball?

same boat - Subisailor

:21:

And I will bet good money that ... in littleBs mind ... Daddy's XJ was the coolest and that will be hard to top. She looks around though. There was this primer'd out Pony Fox Body in the Safeway parking lot with a 6" gauge on the dash and pipes exiting under the door....B was like "Daddy that car sounds cool, it looks tough. I think it would be fast"

Yep.

She's gonna cost me $$$$.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts