Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, Cinnamon Brown Pearl
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was surprised that the clock in my Touring XT did not automatically change back to standard time today. It used to in my 2016 OB and other cars that I have owned in the past.

Digging through the settings, there was a manual setting to turn off Daylight Savings Time.

·
Registered
2020 Touring Onyx XT; 2014 Tribeca
401 Posts
Some of the older models did so based on the GPS. And they had issues with it adhering to specific areas and a state that doesn't have daylight savings. So they opted to stop doing it. I have seen some others that uses the phone data to get the phones date, but I have seen it spotty at best when it works.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Outback Onyx XT
2,991 Posts
I found out you have to set both time zone as well as time to auto for the time change to work off of GPS time. I had the time zone in manual (which allows you to enable/disable DST).

·
Registered
2020 Touring XT, Cinnamon Brown Pearl
463 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks -- I changed the time zone setting to automatic and an auto choice appeared on the DST menu choices.

I'm surprised that the vehicle was not delivered with those settings.

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,197 Posts
Plugged in my iPhone this morning and the car updated time accordingly. That was so nice and just one more thing that I am enjoying about this car!
Mine updates just fine and I never have to connect a phone. Even nicer.

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Outback Limited XT
49 Posts
I had to go into the settings and change it to auto. I thought I had done that on initial setup, but I guess I missed that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Interesting. Mine is set to auto and I have the NAV limited. My clock is still stuck 1 hour ahead. The only way I could fix this was by switching to manual.

·
Registered
2016 2.5i Premium / 2020 2.5i Premium
2,378 Posts
I checked, and I don't think I even have that setting for my 2016 Premium. Must be a new thing for MY2020, or tied to the nav unit.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I checked, and I don't think I even have that setting for my 2016 Premium. Must be a new thing for MY2020, or tied to the nav unit.
Through the nav unit on the 2016... general settings > clock > daylight savings (either auto is on/off)... also a setting to update the clock based on GPS information there too.

·
Registered
246 Posts
No Nav unit for me, so my time update didn’t have that variable to factor.

·
Registered
2020 Legacy Touring XT
163 Posts
Good info. I found today the daylight savings was set to off and auto was greyed out. Once I set the timezone to auto then I was able to select auto for daylight savings time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts