Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
me: 2006 OB LLB
Using it as a rural mail car.
I have an aux brake and gas pedal which are both cabled directly to the driver's gas and brake.

What I would LIKE to do is replace the cabled gas with a second DBW pedal.
The plan is to buy a second wire harness, splice into the existing one somewhere, and mount the dbw accelerator on the right.
Of course I would unplug whichever pedal is not in current use so that I don't give the computer much more to think about. Ideally I'd add in a switch to go from one to the other but that wouldn't happen anytime soon.

The stock dbw pedal is part number #36010AG021.
So here's the big question:
Between the Forrester, Impreza and our beasts are the sensors the same but with different housing and pedal bar shapes?
In other words, is the difference between vehicle models the fit of the pedals or are the sensors set up differently as well?

If it shows up, here is the current pedal setup. The real magic is underneath the carpet on the other side.

Thank y'all much!

Derek M Johnson

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Instead of going through all of that work, you might want to get a proper right hand drive Subaru. They were made and sold here in the US in model years '97-'99, thousands of them apparently, and can still be found.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Except I was specifically going for the 6-cyl and prefer to have the steering wheel on my left with my mail in a tray on my lap.
My '03 OB base died last Feb or March after a very hard 5.5 year life with me. :) No other vehicle has lasted that long for me, on or off mail routes.
I don't mind going through the work to make the rig I want.
Having a LHD conversion is much easier on my rotator cuff as well, which has been nothing but problems this year.
I wouldn't have purchased an OB if I didn't plan to use it for mail. I probably would have gotten a WRX and a van instead. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
DerekMJ
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing