Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
No Subie for me, not anymore
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many fuses are on the DC power outlet circuit and where are they? The cigarette plug lighter thing came loose when I was plugging in my cell phone charger and I got a lottle spark from the parts back inside. I pulled the radio cover off and wired it back up and now I only get 3 volts. I have not a clue what is going on. The rear power outlet by the hatch is the same way, so I am guessing they are on the same circuit. Time to read the manual I suppose.

·
Premium Member
I has car.
4,621 Posts
Rear power outlet and front cigarette lighter are on the same circuit. The fuse in the dash fuse box should be labeled, and the power for that fuse comes from the main fuse box under the dash. . . but if one of those fuses had blown you most likely would notice lots of things not working.

There is a fuselink on the back of the cigarette lighter socket that sometimes blows, but it's a local fuse only. If it blows, it should not affect the rear power jack. . however that's not to say that it wasn't overloaded at some point.

If the fuselink on the back of the socket is blown, it can be replaced with a short piece of solder, or if you're the type that isn't concerned with the socket overheating it can be bypassed.

·
Premium Member
No Subie for me, not anymore
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rear power outlet and front cigarette lighter are on the same circuit. The fuse in the dash fuse box should be labeled, and the power for that fuse comes from the main fuse box under the dash. . . but if one of those fuses had blown you most likely would notice lots of things not working.

There is a fuselink on the back of the cigarette lighter socket that sometimes blows, but it's a local fuse only. If it blows, it should not affect the rear power jack. . however that's not to say that it wasn't overloaded at some point.

If the fuselink on the back of the socket is blown, it can be replaced with a short piece of solder, or if you're the type that isn't concerned with the socket overheating it can be bypassed.
Thanks alot! It was just the fuse for that circuit, which apparently is the power mirrors too. 20AMP fuse fixed it right up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks alot! It was just the fuse for that circuit, which apparently is the power mirrors too. 20AMP fuse fixed it right up.
2013 legacy with dead console 12v outlet and dead USB. Headphone jack works. Outlet in dash pocket
has power and fuse is good..Got to back of socket and pulled harness connector. No voltage there but do have continuity on ground to frame. Is there a local fuse in wire harness that I am missing? Where does USB get its power from?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts