Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off all the bells and warnings on this car, 2022 Outback Touring XT, and nothing that says the battery is dead. Incredible, I had an idea from the clicking but "Eyesight disabled" what's the other one DAB or whatever. Anyway, My gut was the battery so I put on a charge and the car started, drove it about 20 miles figured I was good. Today, battery drained again.

I've spent the day Googling, wow, class action lawsuits, don't leave the hatch open, some stupid gadget to trick the car that the hatch is closed. So I put on a trickle charge, I start the car and I read the voltage in the dealer profile 14.5, stop the car read the voltage at the battery 12.7 and dropping. Okay the hood is open and probably giving off some signal. I was going to look for current but the car is 4 Months old, (Didn't want to get in an argument with the dealer).

So I think what could have changed yesterday to cause a draw. I asked my wife, "What exactly did you do yesterday?". She started the car pulled it out of the garage, stopped the car, got into the hatch using the buttons underneath. I just went out and opened and closed the hatch multiple times using only the buttons, none of them seemed stuck but now the battery is gaining voltage.

Anyone heard of this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, appreciate it. Got a service appt today, turns out it was a bad battery. Service advisor says all the manufacturers are having problems with these start stop batteries.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts