Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback Limited 2.5i, Crystal Black Silica, Special Appearance Package (moonroof, NAV, keyless entry, saddle leather seats)
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Came back from a flight on Sunday and found a dead 2013 Outback SAP - the trunk hatch wasn't closed all the way so lights must have killed the battery.

Luckily the airport has a guy in the garage who comes jump cars and even luckier that he had a handheld battery.

My issue was that I was blocked by cars on the left and right and wanted to shift into neutral to push car back out of space so that I could get a jump (if he hadn't had the handheld), but I couldn't figure out how to get it into neutral since it was dead (this is keyless SAP version). Any ideas?

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,070 Posts
Shift lock access.

·
Registered
2013 Outback - 3.6R Limited, EyeSight/Nav/MoonRoof/Kitchen Sink.
683 Posts
Uh. Not to sound bone-headed. But how do you apply the electronic parking brake with a dead battery?

·
Registered
2009 Tribeca Now - 2004 Outback EJ259 - Sold
1,070 Posts
Its simply a precaution for the procedure, not required.
But if you feel like it, there is a 2 foot long rod stored in the spare tire well.
Take the white access cap off the electronic parking brake motor located located under the vehicle in front of the passenger rear tire.
Turn screw 200 times clockwise to release, ccw to engage.

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
Uh. Not to sound bone-headed. But how do you apply the electronic parking brake with a dead battery?
I would guess the electronic parking brake is also not automatically disengaged if the battery goes dead. e.g., if you have a manual transmission and the battery drains, the parking brake will still be engaged; otherwise you wold be in deep doodoo if parked on an incline.

The parking brake tool is probably used to only disengage the brake 99% of the time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts