Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 legacy with dead console 12v outlet and dead USB. Headphone jack works. Outlet in dash pocket
has power and fuse is good..Got to back of socket and pulled harness connector. No voltage there but do have continuity on ground to frame. Is there a local fuse in wire harness that I am missing? Where does USB get its power from?

·
Registered
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,242 Posts
there is a local 'fusistor' built onto the back of power ports. It isn't clear if you have checked that.

·
Registered
16,969 Posts
2013 legacy with dead console 12v outlet
The accessory power outlet in the center console, and in the cargo area, are on one fuse; the outlet in the dash is on its own separate fuse.

Which fuse did you check, and how was it checked -- visually, with a meter, or by trying a same-amperage replacement.

The fuse for the center console outlet is #13, 20 Amps, in the cabin fuse panel. See pages 12-10 and 12-11 in the Owners Manual.

The fuse for the dash pocket outlet is #20, 20 Amps, also in the cabin fuse panel.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
there is a local 'fusistor' built onto the back of power ports. It isn't clear if you have checked that.
I did not check the power port itself except to verify no power. I pulled the connector off of the back of the port and that was where I had no power even though the port in the dash still had power. That was where I checked to ground also and had continuity. I assumed the the fusistor was in the outlet and not in the wiring harness. Is that correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The accessory power outlet in the center console, and in the cargo area, are on one fuse; the outlet in the dash is on its own separate fuse.

Which fuse did you check, and how was it checked -- visually, with a meter, or by trying a same-amperage replacement.

The fuse for the center console outlet is #13, 20 Amps, in the cabin fuse panel. See pages 12-10 and 12-11 in the Owners Manual.

The fuse for the dash pocket outlet is #20, 20 Amps, also in the cabin fuse panel.
My son checked fuses so I will recheck them. He replaced them I think. Thank You

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My son checked fuses so I will recheck them. He replaced them I think. Thank You
Thank you. Could not read manual. it said outlet for the console and rear of an outback but I read it wrong and thought dash and console were on same circuit for a legacy.
20A fuse was bad. just bought car and will get some spares tomorrow. I should be good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts