Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6 R Limited
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking over different threads regarding the Auto Headlight/Hi-Beams and Rear Wiper On in Reverse, etc I've searched without much success on what other options are available with a dealer visit...

Thanks to these forums, I've found a few tricks I didn't pick up/missed in the manual, but is there a list (or a thread) of what is adjustable by a Subaru dealer? Specifically for a '18 Outback, but curious to all, actually.

TIA

PS - Nice board ya'll have here... friendly and informative!

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,219 Posts
Just two things I can think of offhand. The fuel mileage calculation displayed on the dash can be adjusted up or down up to 10%. Typically it is off to the optimistic side. I had mine adjusted down 6% and the dash display mpg is a lot closer to reality than it was. Also, the outdoor temperature reading can be adjusted as well if that seems to be off. I've never noticed mine being far enough off to matter but I've never really checked against any other thermometer either.

I had the wiper reverse interlock enabled on mine but found it to not be all that useful. For it to work the front wipers have to be on one of the steady settings: the rear wiper doesn't come on automatically in reverse if the front wipers are on intermittent. Since I rarely have mine on anything but intermittent the reverse interlock hasn't done much for me.

I've seen a list of things that can be changed by the dealer but I don't remember where to find it.

·
Registered
6,020 Posts
There are ones listed in the owners manual, but it’s split up in the different sections... like turning off the high beam assist is under that section.

I guess someone could go through the different user manuals and compile a list... some things wouldn’t apply to all Gen5 cars (like the high beam assist).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for your replies... will dig back into the manual and see what I missed!

·
Registered
2016 Outback Premium 2.5 CVT w/EyeSight+SRVD
7,114 Posts
There is a fairly complete list of dealer-only "adjustments" in the Factory Service Manual. Unfortunately, a few things like the fuel mileage trim adjustment are described elsewhere in the FSM.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There is a fairly complete list of dealer-only "adjustments" in the Factory Service Manual. Unfortunately, a few things like the fuel mileage trim adjustment are described elsewhere in the FSM.
Awesome - just checked "get factory service manual" off of my list of things to do. Now I know how to tie the car down for a sea cruise :) Thanks again for the replies and information!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts