Subaru Outback Forums banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: My 2011 Outback was towed in. Subaru said it was a Radiator leak. Replaced the radiator and re-checked the system. Said the system’s pressure was good and no leakage from the head gasket. The radiator leak was a “fluke” and should be good to go after. Now, I’m in a wait and see approach. Hoping it will be ok, but am losing faith in this car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update: At the end of April the red overheating light came on again. I wish there was an actual temperature gauge. I called the dealer and the dealer towed it in. The dealer tested it and found out it was the head gaskets. If the damage warped the heads, I would not have to pay anything because the lifetime drive-train warranty would cover any internal parts and the gaskets to replace the parts. Otherwise, to machine the heads would have costed $3600. It was not supposed to be covered if it was only the head-gaskets. Which would have been $2800. Turned out it was only the head gaskets. Dealer gave me a "deal" to only pay a $500 deductible to get the gaskets replaced along with a 2019 Legacy as a rental car. The dealer service garage was backed up because of the airbag recall and it took 6 weeks to get the car fixed. It was nice driving the 2019 Legacy for those 6 weeks. knock on wood It has not overheated since.

61 - 62 of 62 Posts
About this Discussion
61 Replies
32 Participants
OutbackWI
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing