Subaru Outback Forums banner

81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
I thought you could only adjust the outside temp display??? Maybe I m wrong... but + would answer your question.
I could very easily have misunderstood the very limited description of the setting. I thought it was for adjusting the performance of the climate control. Perhaps it is just for adjusting the external ambient temperature display. Yeah...I just went out and experimented. It's an adjustment for the external temperature display.

BTW...you have to leave DC mode before the temperature adjustment is applied to the display.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I tried for a couple of days without luck and was convinced that my OB was different and that procedure wasn't going to work. I finally got "fast enough" with all the steps and got in. I kept my left hand on the headlight switch (on the turn signal stalk) the entire time. I turned the key to ON with my right hand (one step past ACC), and then as quickly as I could, I turned the headlights on and reached across through the steering wheel with my right hand and started furiously pressing the trip meter post for the first series of five very quick presses. Turned off the lights with the left hand, presses the post five more times, etc., etc. You can do it!!!!
:D:D:D I"m painting quite a mental picture of your success story! I love it!!! I think maybe I wasn't holding my tongue quite right when I tried it. You have inspired me with your conquest - I'm going to give it another try - maybe after a couple of glasses of wine to loosen me up!! :D:D:D

·
Registered
21 Posts
There are 3 parameters that can be changed via the Combination Meter System. If your Fuel Economy display is high or low (after manual calculation) you can adjust it. To enter the Dealer Customize Mode you MUST do everything within the prescribed time as described below.

3. DEALER CUSTOMIZE MODE
The combination meter can be customized with dealer customize according to the following procedure.
CAUTION:
Perform the steps described in 1) through 4) within 10 seconds.
1) Within 3 seconds after turning the ignition switch to ON, set the lighting switch to tail light or headlight position.
2) Press the trip meter knob five times.
3) Turn the lighting switch to OFF, and press the trip meter knob five times.
4) Set the lighting switch to tail light or headlight position again, and press the trip meter knob five times.
5) Move on to the “DEALER CUSTOMIZE MODE”.
• When the dealer customize mode operates, the LCD displays each adjustment screen.
• The dealer customize mode consists of three setting screens. {Avg.F/E Correction Screen}, {Ambient
Temp. Correction Screen} and {Clock Adjust. Screen} is displayed cyclically in this order every time the trip
meter knob is tapped.
• Holding down the trip meter knob while each setting screen is displayed can change the setting value.
NOTE:
When ignition switch is turned OFF or the vehicle is driven, the customize mode is cancelled automatically.
No. Customize mode Initial value Correction range
1 Avg.F/E Correction Screen (initial value+/-0%) Correction Range+/-10%
2 Ambient Temp. Correction Screen (initial value)+/-0°C (°F) Correction Range+/-3°C (°F)
3 Clock Adjust. Screen (initial value on) Correction range on or off
Is this procedure applicable to the base model 2014 2.5i? Which LED screen are your referring to? I only have the base radio/stereo system, with the smaller screen. Does the information appear here, or does this only apply to models with the premium audio/NAV system with the larger screen?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Is this procedure applicable to the base model 2014 2.5i? Which LED screen are your referring to? I only have the base radio/stereo system, with the smaller screen. Does the information appear here, or does this only apply to models with the premium audio/NAV system with the larger screen?
I originally posted this info when I stumbled on it in the service manual for the 2011 model year. Since then many others have said it works on other years as well, but I don't know if 2014 is one of them. The LCD screen referred to is the one in the instrument cluster, NOT the radio/nav system.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have a 2014 Outback Limited with SAP (push button start) and the procedure worked for me. Also, I was able to turn off the seat belt chime using the procedure noted in the seat beat chime thread.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dang, I got in to the menu on the first attempt a week ago and made an adjustment to the avg mpg setting. Now that I want to make a further adjustment I can't get it to work. Double hangdog dang!

2014 2.5i Limited

Edit:

Faster, faster, faster. Faster is better. Finally got it to work.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yey it worked. Aus spec 2010.
I was able to adjust outside air temp, fuel economy, stop gear selection display, start/stop startup dial sweep.

Thank you.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I got it on the first try, but I'm a video game / computer guy. As fast as possible, as if you are playing a video game.

Fuelly app shows mileage about 3-4% worst than the dash, so I set it to -3. Will update next time I get gas... which, is about every 15 days.... (take a lot of public transit).

Andy

·
Registered
188 Posts
This worked for me for a while until I had to disconnect the battery. Now it's back the way it came with the car.

Edit: never mind, it seems to work again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi amati5. I was able to turn off the display indicating which gear I was currently in along with the Shift arrow telling me to change up a great for economical driving, which by the way causes increased soot leading to increased generations of the DPF if you drive an oil burner.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hi amati5. I was able to turn off the display indicating which gear I was currently in along with the Shift arrow telling me to change up a great for economical driving, which by the way causes increased soot leading to increased generations of the DPF if you drive an oil burner.
This is for MT or the paddle shift on an Auto Trans? Thx

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Has anyone tried this on the 2015 Legacy/Outback yet? If so, results?

Thanks.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Has anyone tried this on the 2015 Legacy/Outback yet? If so, results?

Thanks.
I just tried it on mine, no dice. Positive I did all the steps above within the 10 seconds. Tried 3 different times. My car's fuel consumption display is consistently 8% optimistic compared to my calculated values. Would love to know if there's a way to adjust the values for a 2015.

·
Registered
389 Posts
it took me like a 10 times to get in
somehow pressing trip 5 times has to be done in very specific way not faster not slower - just right
I think I hear some beep after 5th press

I set to -7, so I'll see how close it will be to real numbers

81 - 100 of 113 Posts
About this Discussion
112 Replies
74 Participants
scoobydoo2
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing