Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've had problems with the battery in my new 2018 outback going completely dead while parked in our garage overnight. Twice in the past month it had to be towed to the dealer. The service manager said nothing is wrong with the car. The dealer said that battery was totally drained because I left the fob inside the car -FOR 12 HOURS--. This doesn't seem reasonable. Did they really design things so poorly that leaving the fob in the car will totally drain the battery? Also, the first time the battery drained down to less than 0.1v and the internal resistance was so high that a battery charger didn't even detect that it was connected to anything. The second time I caught it before the charge got below 2v and a charger would kick in. Not much point in a design which gets ready for you to push the start button once the battery has been drained so low it couldn't even turn on the dome light.

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,254 Posts
Those links both take you to the site front page for some reason.

·
Registered
'03 outback limited, '01 Outback Limited, '01 Legacy L wagon, '96 Legacy Brighton wagon
2,254 Posts
Did they really design things so poorly that leaving the fob in the car will totally drain the battery?
Any time the fob is within a certain distance of the car, the car will sense it and get ready for you to push a fob button, draining power from the battery, which, if it is the stock battery, simply does not have enough reserve to handle that load for that long.

·
Premium Member
2015 Legacy 3.6R ES, 2014 Forester Touring ES, 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited
3,239 Posts
^
What he said

Laughing at oneself and with others is good for the Soul!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts