Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Tungsten Outback 3.6R w/Eyesight. My 6th Subaru.
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cityside Subaru, Belmont, MA

On Monday my wife and I purchased two new Subarus from a dealer.
My wife picked hers up yesterday. Easy transaction.

I told the salesman that I wanted a specific 2013 Outback model that they did not have in stock. The sales manager overheard us and exclaimed that he found one. Another person came over to me and said "It could be here tomorrow". I made the deal and paid more than I should have.
It is now Friday evening and the salesman tells me "it's at the port" and he does not know when it will arrive. It will get here when it gets here and he will let me know.

Is it possible that I can buy cheap items from overseas and track their progress right to my door, but Subaru cannot track a $30,000.00 automobile, or am I getting the run-around?

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i 5sp Manual
354 Posts
Honestly to me, it sounds like the run around. They told you they could get it the next day to get the sale, and because they knew it was what you wanted they could charge more for it and get away with it.

I wish you luck!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I sell Subarus, and this happens on ocassion.The car can have an estimated delivery date, and then have it pushed back a week or more. It will be listed as "at port" or "at railhead".

Who's to say wether he exaggerated that delivery date or not, but this does happen. A specific 2013 can be difficult to come by at this point, and it's 100% in his interest to get you in the car and out the door ASAP.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The fact that with today's technology they cannot track the whereabouts of a vehicle is just unacceptable to me.
News: The dealer received the car today.
I will pick it up on Monday.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gave this dealer a deposit to order the car but left the deal "open".
The salesman refused to negotiate and said I attacked his "integrity".
I am getting my deposit back.
I have since found similar reports of this salesman online.
Where should I buy a new Outback in Eastern Massachusetts?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought a new 2.5i Limited today from Wakefield Subaru in Massachusetts at an incredible price. The car is in Vermont and will be here on Wednesday. It's a real pleasure when you find a good dealer, especially after dealing with a terrible one.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the car arrived today. I ordered Twilight Blue Metallic with ivory leather and the car that came in had a black interior. The dealer did a search and could not find any Twilight blue with ivory leather anywhere. After all I've been through I decided just to keep the car that arrived. The black interior is not as pretty but it won't kill me. Now I remember that my 2001 Outback had a tan leather interior and it did look pretty dirty after a few years. Maybe the black leather is a good thing..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts